Good News

Hidr

I was checking the goldfish tank for signs of illness. (whatever happened to Butterfly does not seem to be effecting the others)

And much to my surprise I have seen two baby BN's. This is really a shock since I only have what I think is a male in there. I moved the other male and female to a different tank. I would of never thought babies would life in that tank with those big goldfish. But seems two have. So cool they are about an inch so so cute. Hope they are both female. lol

This is really nice I have not liked looking in the tank cause of Butterfly not being in there now I can start enjoying my tank once again as I watch my new babies grow. I'll try and get pictures but they are tiny so might not be able to get very clear ones.

Yay! How exciting! I'm up to my ears in BN babies but I remember how excited and confused I was when I first spotted babies from the first batch, it was wonderful. Your girl must have laid eggs before you moved her...they can be sneaky. I didn't even know mine bred until I was siphoning the tank and a little thing stuck itself to the siphon...my first thought was "what the....what is that?!?!?!" lol. Congrats! :D

Here are a couple pictures I got when I saw one out. Not very clear but he was only out a short time.

babyBN003.jpg I know there is at least one more cause saw two this morning.

Congrats. I bet they are cute. I'm wondering if I'll get BN babes as I have one male and one female but they don't seem to like each other much and have completely seperate 'territories' mapped out with distinct borderlines. Even the log is divided into his and hers areas :rolleyes:

Mine don't hang out together either...but they sure like to make babies, I've got more than I know what to do with. If your male kinda disappears for a few days he might be guarding eggs...then you're really in for it :krazy::D

Congrats on the fry. I bet its fun to watch the little guys grow. Keep us updated with more pics when you can please.

I really wish I had a male/female pair. But all the ones I have gotten from the store have turned out to be male. When I bought them about a year ago they were each about 10 dollars each. Yesterday the same store was selling the latest batch of BN fry (about an inch long) for 30 dollars!!! Thats outta my price range to gamble on getting a female.

By the way, does anyone know how old/big they have to be before they will breed?

Haha, if anyone ends up with female BN fry and would ship I would pay for one. :yeah:

Archived