Hurray For My Big Boy!

Guest MommySam0618

Guest MommySam0618

My son has spent 2 nights in his 'big boy' bed and has slept there all night long! I'm shocked that he hasn't wandered into our room in the middle of the night. I thought this would be harder than it has been! I guess he was just ready. :)

Isn't that a great feeling??? Congrats!!! My daughter got her "big girl" bed right before Christmas and she has slept in it every night since then!!! Like you said, I guess they just have to be ready for them. :exactly

How old is your son again? Sorry, I read your intro, but I forgot. :unsure: My daughter is three now.

Guest MommySam0618

He's 18 months. His big boy bed is a twin bed and boxsprings on the floor with a bed rail. He can crawl in and out of it really well and we put lightening mcqueen sheets on it. He's all into the movie cars. He's a tall kiddo so I didn't do the toddler bed thing, I felt it would be a waste of money.

With another baby boy on the way I wanted the crib free before he got here. :)

I wish I had done the same thing with my daughter, although the toddler bed we got for her was given to us, so we didn't pay for it. However, she would not sleep in it at all. She said it was not as comfortable as my bed! LOL! You know, those crib mattresses can be hard. Anyway, when she got her twin bed for an early X-mas gift, she was all into it! She is into the Disney Princesses, so that is the comforter my mil got her her, along with the sheets and pillowcases and curtains! She loves it! I put her in the bed the night after we set it up and she has slept in it every night since. It is great that your 18 month old loves his bed!!! I am so happy for you!

Archived