Goodbye Little One

My poor little fry...I don't know what happened to him! His back was somehow bent, but he kept swimming and I kept watch on him. Sadly, today I noticed that he could no longer use his tail. he was struggling to find food.

Rather than let him suffer, I humanely ended his life. Poor little thing! I looked at him under the magnifying glass, he was all shiny and healthy looking except for the angle of his back. It must have been broken somehow.

:rip: Goodbye my little fry, I will never know what you would have become. :(

I was thinking about it...It may have happened when the lid crashed down into the water one day. I suppose a little fish could get mighty hurt it he got hit with it. I remember checking for fatalities, but didn't see anything.

This little guy was just bent, but he was swimming so I let him be. I don't know what could have changed, maybe he just moved wrong or I was crashing around during a water change and aggravated an injury. it was clear that he couldn't go on being unable to use his tail. :(

Thanks Imo! It was sweet of you to say that. :)

I'm sorry Rach! :( It is very sad that your fry died, but as Daryl said, only the very strong fry survive and there are always some fatalities. I am sure it was nothing you did, Hon. You are a great fish mom! Rest In Peace little fry! :cry1

Archived