Had The Divider Out Of My Tank For 24 Hrs Now!

nickie73

Just thought I would let you all know that I took the divider out of the tank yesterday when I did my wc and it has not been in there since then! Jaws is actually NOT bothering Hammy at all RIGHT NOW. Not to worry, as I am keeping a close eye on them and actually got up three times last night just to check on them. They are getting along just fine and Hammy is eating with Jaws and everything! It is so nice to see them swim together and they actually seem to enjoy being close to each other right now. However, the divider is at ready if I need to put it back in. Just wanted to share this good news!!!!! :krazy:

This has happened to me before, when I was younger too! I seperated 2 fish from the main tank and when I put them back they were all very happy! Congradulations on your sucess! :D

thats good. I recently released kameko out of his breeding trap and was expecting him to b bullied by Oddyssea because he's weaker but it turn out that little Kameko is actually the big bully lol. Im keeping them together as long as no one gets hurt though.

Hey Nickie, is your divider something you made or is it purchasable? I think I need one, my calico ryukin (Zuko) all of a sudden is being aggressive and nipping at his tankmates. I took him out for a day and tried putting him back last night, but no luck. So I just decided to put him in with my other aggressive ranchu. It was kinda funny, they'd take turns every so often nipping at each other. I looked in on them this morning and they seem to have come to a truce. But I dunno how long that will last.

I'd rather put Zuko back in his original tank though, so I'll need to get a divider to separate him for a little while. I dunno what's come over him, he used to just mind his own business and stay at the bottom digging thru the gravel. I wonder though just how aggressive he's been all along, coz now that he's gone, Oreo my moor now will actually hang out at the bottom instead of the top where he usually is.

I purchased my divider from vvvvv. It was about 10.00. I used mine because my demekin was a lot smaller than my fantail and she is female and my fantail is a male. My male was messing with her all the time and she was so much smaller than he was. The divider has helped me out a lot and now Hammy is almost as big as Jaws so they seem to be getting along better now.

I purchased my divider from vvvvv. It was about 10.00. I used mine because my demekin was a lot smaller than my fantail and she is female and my fantail is a male. My male was messing with her all the time and she was so much smaller than he was. The divider has helped me out a lot and now Hammy is almost as big as Jaws so they seem to be getting along better now.

Thanks Nickie. On second thought, I may just wait a while and see how things play out. Everyone seems to be content for the time being with the new arrangements. I hope Jaws stays friendly with Hammy, good to know that GF behavior can change.

I have had problems in the past with fish 'annoying' others. I have taken a baby fish back to a shop before after it was chasing one of my big Orandas around when I had him.

When I first got Mysti I though she was a he, as she was chasing the others around and being quite nasty. I separated her to another tank for a while and when I put her back she was as good as gold, and I found out she was female!

I have a few problems during breeding as my males quite fiesty, but I kepp my eye on things and if all is well I just leave them, I would rather have the females laying eggs than keeping them in! lol.

I hope things work out between your two now, maybe your female is a bit bigger the male is leaving her alone. At the time of the chasing was it a breeding time? or was it more agressive?

Jaws was pretty agressive with Hammy a few times. She got to the point of death once as she was so stressed and one other time, she was very close. Jaws would hem her up in a corner and peck her over and over; almost looked like a frezy of some sort. I have had the divider out for two days now and the most he has done is follow her around and he has gently nudged her a few times, but nothing aggressive or mean. They are eating good together and Hammy is getting her fair share as I saw her twice "move" Jaws out of her way so she could hunt for food. :rofl I am still keeping close tabs on them and will for a while, but so far, so good. Fingers crossed!!!

Archived