Fish Shed

Peanuts

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post these but i've finally got round to taking a few pics of my new fish shed. I've been saving like crazy for the past few months and finally after managing to get a good electrician I was able to put the tanks in place the Saturday before Christmas.

The shed 8x8.

FishShed1.jpg

The view from the door. It's a bit of a mess at the moment cos all the fish things that was scattered throughout the house have now been moved in.

Insidefishshed.jpg

PondTubandheater.jpg

The shed is kitted out with 5 double sockets, a lovely little Oil heater (as suggested by Nickie & Jeana727) which keeps the shed at a nice temp for me. I've got 2 40gal tanks (one which my bro got me for Christmas), a 35gal tub which holds my pond fish, a 18 gal tropical tank a 3gal Betta tank and an unused 28gal and 5gal. All the tanks which are in use have heaters.

My guys all seems very happy with there new home, and next i'm saving up for a stand for my newest 40gal, Plus addtional filters so that I can get the 28gal set up. :krazy:

That is beautiful!!!! I bet your going to REALLY enjoy it when it is all set up the way you want.

COOL!!!! :)

LOL, I wouldn't describe it as beautiful...not at the moment anyway, But over time I do plan on getting a stand that will stretch the lengh of the back wall and will hold the 40 gal tank plus others.

South Dakota is asking a lot for a fish shed. You need full insulation and some heat source simply to keep the water from freezing solidly!!!! You live on the plains - What is it now - 24 below?

:rofl

ACtually, today we broke all heat records - but will return to the freezer tommorrow. Did you ever get any of the heat?

South Dakota is asking a lot for a fish shed. You need full insulation and some heat source simply to keep the water from freezing solidly!!!! You live on the plains - What is it now - 24 below?

:rofl

ACtually, today we broke all heat records - but will return to the freezer tommorrow. Did you ever get any of the heat?

yea no kidding!! No it's not quite that cold. We actually got some of the heat, yesterday and today the snow has been melting away in the afternoons, then turning to ice at night.

I tell ya, in South Dakota the weather never stays the same for more than ten minutes. :rofl

Thank you all for your comments!

It took a long time coming and I didn't really want to house my fish outside, but in the summer I can see that I'll be spend a lot of time in my shed. Also my fish seem alot more happy.

goldfishgrateful: I really wouldn't know if it was possible in to do in South Dakota, I'm sure it would be, though you may not beable to use a wooden shed.

A lot of Florida fish people have fish shacks..... That's always been a dream of mine if I retire and move south someday. :) Nice fish house. I just know you're going to love hanging out in there and tricking it out..... I love that tub by the way......

Archived