Uh Oh...

Fish_Fanatic

Last night was my first night with my new tropicals. in the middle of the night i heard a huge noise from my tank. i had no idea what it was and i couldnt see anything wrong. but this morning i checked the tank and one of my neon tetras is missing.. he was small enough to get sucked in to the filter intake tube, and im pretty sure thats what happened. I didnt get a chance to check in the filter before school though. anything i can do to stop this from happening again?!

*phew* ohmygosh. i just came home from school and checked on the fishies. seems that my neon didnt get sucked up. he was just hiding this morning. but what the heck was that huge noise then?!?!

Well it sounded just like this little wood pecker decoration i have. you poke the bird and it moves down a post on a spring. i dont know if you can imagine what that sounds like though lol. it was sorta like a... *chunk chunk chunk chunk CHUNK* noise... ha ha ha noises are so hard to explain. but yeah... im so confused what that sound actually was. im sure it came from my tank last night...

ok I do not know what can cause the noise but if you want to be careful and prevent the filter to suck up your tetra, go find a net, and wrap it around the opening of the intake tube. Just one layer, so it woudl eb to small for tetra to get suck in. Most people do that for a filter that they had fry in the tank.

My filter made that noise when my little chihuahua tripped over the cord, jostling the thing off and on really fast.

EDIT: oh and it may have sucked up a rock or something that may have been rattling around

Archived