Attitude Issues

jamisskat

:hmm I know Ive spoke about this before but Jasmine has really been showing her tail off..She's stopped being hateful during feedings but now she gives my boys a run for their money! :blink: She's gotten worst over the past few weeks Ive noticed I know shes a girl but what would make her chase the boys in an aggressive manner?... She will be swimming around all happily until one of them comes near her and BAM! shes chasing them all around kinda like shoving them around...poor boys are like 3x's smaller than her.. :unsure: she's a Brut..I have no clue but how can i discipline her without putting her into a breeding box without stressing her out.. or do fish even need discipline? :unsure:

Ah I can totally picture Jasmine roughing up the small boys!

In my experience my fish seem to learn things from other fish. Once I had a tank of fish who were all born in a pond and they always just swam around, I usually only saw their sides and they didn't seem to realize that I even existed. However after I added a Pet Store fish to the tank, all of the pond fish learned how to beg. It was really strange because they never noticed me before that and then after learning how to beg they would watch me. All in a row their faces just watching me play video games and stuff! I am pretty used to it now, haha.

Now I have two girl goldies who used to have an aggressive male living with them. After the male died, the two girls started being really pushy and rough with each other. Over time they cooled off though, the fights (playing? ...fights?) don't happen very often anymore.

Hopefully Jasmine will realize that she's already the boss and that she doesn't have to fight to be the boss.

Or maybe she's just really aggressive? Maybe it's just a phase? Maybe it's time for the corner and a waterproof dunce cap?

Goodluck with that! xD!

Imo, from watching Jaws, there really is nothing you can do, other than seperate them if she becomes too rough. I mean, a fish is a fish, even though we love them, but they can't change their ways. She is acting that way because that is what is natural to her. Every fish is different and may become aggressive for different reasons. Jaws is aggressive because Hammy is a female. Jasmine may be acting aggressively because she is territorial, or is competing for food, space, or what have you. I don't think she would understand being "disciplined" at all. Good luck!

Ah I can totally picture Jasmine roughing up the small boys!

In my experience my fish seem to learn things from other fish. Once I had a tank of fish who were all born in a pond and they always just swam around, I usually only saw their sides and they didn't seem to realize that I even existed. However after I added a Pet Store fish to the tank, all of the pond fish learned how to beg. It was really strange because they never noticed me before that and then after learning how to beg they would watch me. All in a row their faces just watching me play video games and stuff! I am pretty used to it now, haha.

Now I have two girl goldies who used to have an aggressive male living with them. After the male died, the two girls started being really pushy and rough with each other. Over time they cooled off though, the fights (playing? ...fights?) don't happen very often anymore.

Hopefully Jasmine will realize that she's already the boss and that she doesn't have to fight to be the boss.

Or maybe she's just really aggressive? Maybe it's just a phase? Maybe it's time for the corner and a waterproof dunce cap?

Goodluck with that! xD!

I think thats what shes doing being the boss..she knows she bigger and runs the tank.. She's been with the same guys for awhile now..and believe or not Keitaro is the only one she doesn't do this to!..weird... He's my smallest and he kinda stays away unless there's food.. I hope she changes I have a huge pond going in and I may have to put her out there during the warmer weather to give her space or peace i dunno.. If I do place her into pond either way theres a cover going over it.. and it will be next to my house..

Imo, from watching Jaws, there really is nothing you can do, other than seperate them if she becomes too rough. I mean, a fish is a fish, even though we love them, but they can't change their ways. She is acting that way because that is what is natural to her. Every fish is different and may become aggressive for different reasons. Jaws is aggressive because Hammy is a female. Jasmine may be acting aggressively because she is territorial, or is competing for food, space, or what have you. I don't think she would understand being "disciplined" at all. Good luck!

And GF are peaceful :rofl ..Not mine!..lol how are your babies doing Nickie?

LOL! The same. Jaws is still very pushy with Hammy when he wants to be. I seperate them at feeding time and during the night when I can't watch them. I usually let them swim together for a few hours every day, but I keep a close watch on Jaws during those times. Peaceful? Ha! What a laugh, huh?

LOL! The same. Jaws is still very pushy with Hammy when he wants to be. I seperate them at feeding time and during the night when I can't watch them. I usually let them swim together for a few hours every day, but I keep a close watch on Jaws during those times. Peaceful? Ha! What a laugh, huh?

LOL yeah so true!..well prolly most Gf are peaceful but like any animal big or small theres a bully in them..

Archived