Anyone Else Typo Obsessed?

Trinket

Do other people have to edit their posts as many times as me? I am unable to type without typos and it drives me crazy! I have an optimal mouse that zooms all over the screen and clicks on things I dont want, erases whole sentences (or even worse half of sentences) and words and generally wont let me do a whole paragraph without some interference. This coupled with my speedy typing/bad spelling makes my posts look like someone made a jigsaw out of words. I spend ages editing because of this and then hit reply and voila- I missed another one and have to edit again. Does anyone else have a mouse with a mind of its own and these problems. It didn't seem to happen with my old mouse that had a much shorter flex. :krazy: Any advice appreciated :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry that you still have mouse problems. I have an optical mouse too, but I think it's great!

But of course I have to edit my posts a lot, because I am a foreigner and make a lot of mistakes. :D

And of course, sometimes I type too fast and a lot of strange words appear on the screen........

I am sure that there are a lot of mistakes in this post... it doesn't look good......

I am VERY typo obsessed. If I'm not sure that a word is spelled correctly, I'll open google - type it there, and wait for it to say "Did you mean _____?" Then I know if I had it right or not!

My newest problem is with affect/effect... I'll sit and mull that one over a bit - and probably decide on the wrong one most times. :rolleyes:

And YES my mouse has a mind of its own, too!! All of a sudden it's just gone - and I'll wiggle it around a bit and it's coming from the "wall" somewhere. It doesn't bother me so much typing - but I waste - eheheh :blush: - I mean spend a lot of time playing games on here that you have to click on different things to connect/match what have you. Timed games can be infuriating!! :madrant

I always preview my posts and check for errors - although I'm sure I still miss many. And a few times I have been brilliant enough to try to correct a mistake in the preview - hit "backspace" to fix it, and lose the whole post. :cry1

Now for long posts, I'll either type in a Word program and move it over - or mostly I'll just copy the whole thing before I do anything else to it - so I won't lose it.

I wouldn't worry about it being an obsession though. It's just one of our little quirks that make us so loveable! :rofl:tomuch:

Debbie

My spelling is very good, I rarely use a spell check. My problem is mis-firing fingers. I make alot of mistakes and sometimes hit the space bar at the wrong time.

I have trained myself to watch the screen as I type as fix my mistakes as I go. ( I never miss the backspace key) I prefer to sacrifice speed for accuracy, and I consider myself the world's worst typist.

and I don't have to worry about a mouse, I have one of those finger static pad things built in to my computer.

This is what my thping looks lie if idon't looka the the screen. I am not vey fast this is what it looks like it fi typesa fast a s ican.

I kid you not. I have written entire long-winded posts with my fingers off the home keys. I gotta look!!

Hey, do you all use dvorak keyboards or qwerty?

• Admin

gezz guys making laugh so hard... :lol

Well I do have that problem, so I went to FireFox, then got the Google bar and it has a spell checker in it :D

My way round it is to use the spell check on my google toolbar before I post in a thread :)

I do it most of time as am dyslexic :)

edit due to forgot to mention 2nd sentance :)

• Admin
My problem is mis-firing fingers.

That can be really dangerous when you're picking your nose. :bingo:

or scratching your...

erm...

hehe - nevermind.

:booty:ignore

Oh man you sure do know how to make people laugh :rofl3

or scratching your...

erm...

hehe - nevermind.

:booty:ignore

You mean like - when you go to the movie theater - and see people picking their seats.. right? :rolleyes:

Which reminds me of that Ancient Chinese Proverb:

You can pick your friends,

and you can pick your nose.

But you can't wipe your friends under the table.

Wait... wait... that's not it.

It's:

You can pick your friends,

and you can pick your nose,

and you can pick a banjo.

But you can't pick your friend's nose with a banjo.

Yeah! That's it. :rolleyes:

Sure thats it? :rofl

Lol@ this thread. I feel really stoo#*pid now :D

But hilarious. Jof H too funny :rofl - Chickey where did you get that pic :lol1 ! Daniel-more please.

Koko: Is there a medal for "comeback of the year"??? If so please give to Dan.

Trinket: I grabbed it off a website. It caught my eye because it is typical of ancient gravestones in this area. Alot of them had typos on them (it's true!) they would be carving and run out of room so they would write the rest of the letters above or below. If they left a letter out of a word they would put in one of these^ and write it above.

you really can't call it a typo.........more like a carve-o.

The skull and cross-bones can be found in alot of old graveyards. This one had writing on it but I blurred it out and put my own in.

:tomuch: A CARVE-O!! OMG, too funny! Misfiring fingers...wiping your friends under the table...this thread is hilarious. and y wuld i kneed too editt my posts? i have know truble with speling.

dvorak keyboard is one with the letters arranged for speed. The most often used letters are arranged to be used by the strongest fingers. There is a competition somewhere for typing speed where all the contestants use dvorak keyboads. The fastest typist is over 100 wpm.

The qwerty keyboard was designed to slow a typist down because the old fashioned manual typewriters were prone to key jamming if you went too fast. In the computer age, that is no longer a problem, but we would all have to learn to type again.

Archived