Bye Bye Buddy

Daniel

My princess parrot Harry escaped from his cage we are hoping that he will come back sometime but we don't think he will. He is a couple of months younger than i am so we bonded quite close over the years i was the only one he would pat him it was really sweet. I hope where ever you are you stay safe and remember your big brother loves ya :cry Everyone is really upset my Dad loved him alot since he bonded to him he told me when i am ready i can get another bird which made me feel better :)

here is a photo of my little fella this was taken on christmas day i remember getting him on christmas day my mum and dad always tell me that

harry.jpg

thanks An :) i kinda learned never get your hopes up only as part of my extended family is pretty hopeless when it comes to things about me. I still want him to come home though. (wow that sounds kinda messed up anyway lol)

thanks An :) i kinda learned never get your hopes up only as part of my extended family is pretty hopeless when it comes to things about me. I still want him to come home though. (wow that sounds kinda messed up anyway lol)

yeah, i know how you feel. i'll get excited over something when my parents promised it, then suddenly, they'll said i couldnt have it anymore, i was so sad :( lol

yeah we are gunna do that they are not flying birds they prefer to be in the scrub they prefer that over being in a tree so he may already be in the bush we live near a bush

we all want him to come home but mum and dad have birds before i was born and they never came home after they got out. He is very smart but we all think he is gone for good which is sad but sometimes you just have to assume the worst. He loves to fly so he could be anywhere in Sydney at the moment. Although they are a rare variety of parrot so i doubt many people would think it was a wild bird we will have to put some fliers up

thanks everyone we told some people in the street that we are friends with mum is going to contact all the local vets in case they get an injured bird brought in i still need to put some fliers up. last night i kinda cried my self to sleep but i feel better this morning. I was sitting in the car with my dad yesterday while we were going to get some pizza and he said he thinks it is his fault as he was fixing one of the wheels on the cage and he thinks he knocked the top of the cage and that is how he got out.

I hope if i don't get him back someone else catches him and keeps him as a pet he is too tame to know what to do in the wild. My favourite thing about him was that i taught him to talk and his favourite things to say were "hello harry" "i'm a pretty boy" and the whole camp down racers song

Aww dan! He's such a lovely bird!! I do hope you find him.. I'm sure if anyone came across a bird like that they would take him in knowing he's a pet and not a wild bird. I recently picked up someones pet lorrie from a park nearby, it was so obviously someones pet, just jumped on my hand and I walked him back to my place on my shoulder! Took him to the RSPCA to hopefully find his home.

I do hope you get him back.. I remember one of my tiels, Wendy, flew away, she flew back home the next day. Hungry I suppose.. :P Although she did fly away forever 2 years ago, wings clipped and everything, got under a good wind draft and was off..

thanks everyone for your support i have come to my senses and realize he is finally gone but i hope he stays safe and if we can i hope we get him back

Keep searching though! Don't give up just yet!! The queensland branch of the RSPCA has a lost/found search thingo.. you pay a donation of $10 and they do the searching, Pet-D-Tect is what it's called, not sure if it works in NSW too?

If your pet is on Pet D Tect a team of RSPCA Staff and Volunteers will conduct daily searches on our internal database which includes all the found animals called in or logded on the website by members of the public, brought in by our emergency Animal Ambulance and called in by Vet Surgeries. The team will also search pounds local to where your animal went missing and your animal's file will stand out on our website with the special Pet D Tect status jumping to the front.

They would call me almost every day for about a fortnight to ask me if a new bird they just got in was my Wendy, unfortunately it was never her.. so either a family took her in, or she was attacked by cats. But either way, don't give up just now! Theres still hope Obe-Wan! oh dear I've watched far too much Star Wars lately :P

thanks we were thinking of calling the rspca i refurbished his old cage and put a new one up as my dad said we will go look at birds and then if harry comes back or we find him he has his nice cage waiting

Hope you get him back soon! Dont give up!

Our fat dog daisy ran away for a night when she was just a puppy. i was so upset, aswell as the rest of my family. Thankfully the next morning she showed back up at our door step.

Archived