I'm Back!

nickie73

Yippee!!! I have missed all of you!!!

Okay, so we moved the entire house in a weekend. The fish did okay, but Hammy did give me a scare after I got her into the tank at the new house. She did not eat for two days and just sort of hung out at the top of the tank, which she never does. The water was fine, so I knew she was stressed from the move. I just kept a watch on her and after two days, she started eating again and has been her old self since. Jaws did not have any problems at all.

The kids are taking the move hard, though. Sydney cries every day and begs to "go back home". She says she "hates this house". Gage is upset that the holidays are over with after tomorrow and he has to go back to school Monday. Bless him, he has tried to be so brave during this move, but it has bothered him, too. I hope they settle soon. :(

I finally broke down and bought a Python yesterday. LOL! I have 14 steps to walk up to get to the baths upstairs and it has been hard dragging my 5g bucket up and down those stairs to refill the tank with my wcs everyday. I used the Python for the first time today and it was so much easier and quicker. :yeah:

Anyway, my e-mail is the only thing that is screwed up right now, so I haven't not checked my e-mails in over a week...in case anyone has sent me anything. I hope to get it back up by Monday.

I hope you all had a great New Years and everyone is happy and healthy. It is great to be back!!!!

:bighug Nickie!!! WELCOME BAAACK!!!! :bighug

I'm glad everything went well!! And a python!! Scaaaryy.... but you need it. Just be careful! I hate the horror stories that I've heard!

The kids will get used to the new place. Adjustments are always hard. :)

We hope that you had a great New Year's too! We're glad to have you back!! :exactly

Debbie :heart

HELLO, look who is back!! Just wondered about you in your other thread, Nickie!

Glad that your fish are doing okay, but its hard to watch your kids being so upset about it. Do they have to switch schools because of the move, or did you stay within the same school district? Oh, and a blessing with that python - with or without 14 stairs, it is so much easier. Long gone are the days of bucket loggings... :D

A very happy new year to you and your family! :hug

Thanks, Guys!!!

Well, my son will finish out the school year at the school he goes to now, but he will have to change schools next year.

Dan, I am sorry about your parrot, Hon! :(

Yep, the pond is still here!!! I will prolly clean it out next week and see what the water tests at in there.

Yep, Deb, I will watch the python carefully when I use it, but Lordy, those steps were killing me, especially since my tank is not cycled and I have to do wcs every day! LOL!

Welcome back Nickie! :heart:nana

i'm happy that the fish are doing alright! :D congrats on the python, it'll make things so much easier, i'm think i'm gonna get one some day lol. i think your kids will love the new place once they're all settled down :D

Hey Nickie!..Glad your back and had a safe trip from moving..Are you still available on myspace?

Yep, but I haven't checked myspace in a while! I guess I am still on there! :blink:

Thanks Nickie i hope he comes back but don't expect him to come home the odds for a bird to return home are like 100 to 1

You never know, Hon. Stranger things have happened... I am sad right now, too, as we can't get one of our cats to bring him over to the new house. We can't find him... :(

Me, too. We have had that cat since he was born. I miss him so much! My other two cats are here at the new house, but Pooka has always been my little rebel who loves to explore and usually only comes up when he's hungry or wanting an ear-scratching. We have a trap set up at the other house, so hopefully he will go in it.

He saw us herding the other two cats in the cat-carrier and decided that he was NOT getting in the thing, so now, everytime I go over to the old house to try and get him, he won't come near me.

Good to see you again Nickie and hear things went okay. I'm sure your kids will find something they like about the new house and area soon. Moving is always a shock and it takes time to get used to everything. Congrats on the new python, water changes will be

a breeze now!

Nice to see you again! :D I hope you get your kitty to come home!

I can sympathize with you on the bucket lugging. I know exactly how heavy a 5 gal. bucket is! I am amazed that you went up and down stairs with them!! Shocked and awed :yikes ! You must be in heaven with the python!

The bucket is my means of transporting water. I actually own a python, but it doesn't fit on the faucet, and I discovered that I would need a 75 footer anyway (no one sells them) It's 63' from the sink to my furthest tank.

Anyway, I hope the kids settle in soon, and start to like their new home.

Welcome back, I'm glad your move went well! Any luck with the cat?

As for the kids, they'll come around. When we moved when I was a kid I remember stamping around saying how I hated the new place, but after a month or two it was home to me. Kids just don't like change (well who does really?), I'm sure they'll come around :)

Welcome back, I'm glad your move went well! Any luck with the cat?

As for the kids, they'll come around. When we moved when I was a kid I remember stamping around saying how I hated the new place, but after a month or two it was home to me. Kids just don't like change (well who does really?), I'm sure they'll come around :)

Nope, no luck with the cat. I think he has taken up with someone else. He has always been a shy, kind of "wild" cat, even though we had him since he was born. I h ad him neutered thinking it would calm him down (this was when he was about 5 months old) but he stayed as wild as ever. He wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else in the family but me, and even then, it was usually when he came up to eat. That was the only time we ever saw him was when he came to eat. All other times, he was out galavanting the neighborhood, sleeping in the woods...I'm not sure why he never became a "tamed" pet?

My hubby has been going over to the old house everyday looking for him and there is no sign of him at all. :(

Archived