I'm Back!

Jon

Well, i picked up my new computer yesterday, and i love it! Its a Gateway P-6825. Heres a link of its specs for those who are intrested. For those who dont know, my other laptop died on me after having it 6 years. The power distrubter thing wasnt sening enough power to the hardrive. Because ot that, the hard drive would work at around 1/15th its normal speed.

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/2007/G...14978Rsp3.shtml

I can get some pictues if someone wishes to see some :)

Blue- Ill try and get pics soon. i havent taken any fish pics in ages, so my camera skills are probally a little rusty.

Koko- It has vista

Ryuu- The fish havent been that good all the sudden. Pepper just got over some dropsy and haruki has been having rather bad sbd problems :(

Dunno about Jon's Vista but mine is fast as anything Koko. It runs faster than XP ever did for me :)

I have a fujitsu siemens amillo laptop

It has vista home premium. I'm thinking of upgrading to xp because vista ask you so many pointless stupid questions. Like, ill go to open a file. A little diallog box will pop asking for permission. The buttons say something like yes or no. you dont need a password or nothing. Its just pointless.

It is pretty annoying. I'm gonna take it down to the people at milwaukee PC to see if they can turn some of that crap off. They'll prolly do it for free because were friends with the owner.

I also heard that Service pack 3 for XP is gonna be like vista. Its gonna ask you pointless questions.

• Admin

I dont allow MS to upgrade, last time it did it was a mess for me, yeah if I were you try to get off as much junk the vista put on the pc as u can so that it runs alot smoother and faster :D

Mine is first generation Vista but its had a couple of service pack updates already. Its definately more secure than XP as dialog boxs may be a pain but at least it cuts back on risks to your pc/laptop security. It runs smooth and fast and is a pleasure to use :)

As I got this laptop in september 2007 so I assume its first generation as Vista was only released in UK march 2007

Archived