My Goldfish Has A Big White Bump

Guest GuyWithGoldfish

Guest GuyWithGoldfish

My goldfish has sort of a whiteish bump on top if its mouth its nose or wherever. In the begening it was ornge natural color when nothing was wrong then somehow there was this red scarish thing over the top of its mouth P1030212.jpgP1030213.jpgP1030214.jpg

after a while a little whiteish bump came over the fishes mouth and it just dosent seem normal can anyone help?

Hello and welcome to Koko's! :)

That does look kind of bad, doesn't it! I'm sure a mod or helper will be along soon to help you and your fish. One thing they would like is if you could answer the questions in the white box on the top of the page. It gives them an idea of the environment the fish is in - cycled tank or not, etc.

Best of luck with your fish!! :goodluck (does your fish have a name? :rolleyes: )

Debbie

Please answer as many of the questions in the white box at the top of the page.

The bump looks to be a rather bad ammonia burn, but until you can answer the questions in the box theres no telling for sure. the fish also appears to have dropsy, which is a rather deadly internal infection.

Is the fish in a bowl?

Yes, Peaches - I wondered if the scales were lifting, too. It's a little hard to see clearly. The mouth certainly looks nasty.

Guy with GF - before we attempt a diagnosis we need a little more info.

Can you post back with your water chem and as many answers to the questions in the white box at the top (scroll up)? This may be columnaris and with bac infections one needs to move quite quickly to contain the advance of disease.

Welcome to the board and we hope to hear more from you.

Guest GuyWithGoldfish

Hello guys thanks for helping me but turns out it just went away on its own. I asked te people at the pet place and well they said they had no idea how it went away and lets see no idea on test reasults and 1 fish curently died if 2 weeks count i got a bigger fish about twice the size of the one in picture and it has 3 fish total running for bout 2 months im actually suprised last year it lasted bout idk maybe 9 days. Filter name no idea filter pumps a lot of oxygen tough and is inside of an airstone so its really good. water i cange bout half of it every 7-13 days noting extra added no medicines added 1 fish after 1 died i feed my fish jhonsons extra growth floating fishy food and no unusaul findings except they stink after a while no unusaul behavior i dont see em eat but i know they do because well there still alive after a month and sometimes tey stay at bottom or follow each other or one of them i think attacks another one but no idea if thats mating or playing around. Oh yeah this fishs size is about 2 1/2 inches and new ones like 5.2 inches and about 9 gallon tank

Hi again GWG - please don't be offended, but I found this really hard to read and understand as there are no full stops!

Can you do it this way?

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?

Nitrite Level?

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?

What is the name and size of the filter/s?

How often do you change the water and how much?

How many fish in the tank and their size?

What kind of water additives or conditioners?

Any medications added to the tank?

Add any new fish to the tank?

What do you feed your fish?

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

Copy and paste, then add your answers.

You have some serious space and water quality issues so post back when you can and we'll try to help. :)

Archived