Eye Got Peck Off

alexiscool

I am buying a test kit soon.i ran out of strips

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?

Nitrite Level?

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 45 gallon..but i move bandit to the 7 gallon

What is the name and size of the filter/s? hex 7 filter...buit in filter...on the 7 gallon...whisper 40 on the 45 gallon

How often do you change the water and how much? every week 50%

How many fish in the tank and their size?3 2 5in 1 4in

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Tetra conditioner

Any medications added to the tank? no

Add any new fish to the tank?no

What do you feed your fish? pellets algea wafers etc..

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

One of the bigger goldies peck out bandits eye..it is almost completely gone...it is not pop eye i have seen it before

I will go to the lfs asap

i will buy a ten gallon kit that will be his new home....i feel so stupid.. :(

i will post a pic of his eye

You sure his eyes gone as it dont look like an empty socket in that pic. I would get Bandit on medicated food immedietly to prevent secondary infections due to his having suffered the injury to his eye.

You sure his eyes gone as it dont look like an empty socket in that pic. I would get Bandit on medicated food immedietly to prevent secondary infections due to his having suffered the injury to his eye.

ok i need to buy some of that...

well it looks lioke his eye got suck out...it is still there

medigold or metromeds which are both medicated food. If you have any Maracyn put that in as its important to prevent infection :)

Iwould just treat him as I mentioned before and hopefully he will remain healthy specially if the eye starts to fall out Keep us posted :)

Just keep him in perfect water conditions till you can that goes a long way to helping also add some aquarium salt if you have it :)

How's he doing there hun? Have you been able to separate him as he will be picked on again, especially with his new disability.

How's he doing there hun? Have you been able to separate him as he will be picked on again, especially with his new disability.

he is in a 7 gallon he is doing alot better..i bought maracyn..how do i give it?

The packet should have instructions, FC. Have you looked?

Did you get the tabs? If so, I think it is 2 tabs per 10gals dropped into the tank on day 1. Then 1 tab p/10 gals for days 2-5. I think you need to remove any light so as not to de-activate the meds. Check the box to be sure, though.

Its one tablet per 10 gallons. You have to repeat that after 24 hours (add another) 5 times. Check instructions it depends on the maker maybe.

I think since your QT is 7 gallon that may be tricky. I would go with salting to 0.3% for about 3 days and then back down to 0.1% for a week. That should help the eye area heal.

I'm sorry Pixie. Double post..

poor bandit, I hope he gets better. Maybe u could try to put them together for a little while when u get ur new tank, maybe they fought over territory or something, maybe they wont in a bigger tank..... otherwise u cold maybe get him a 29 gallon with a buddy?

poor bandit, I hope he gets better. Maybe u could try to put them together for a little while when u get ur new tank, maybe they fought over territory or something, maybe they wont in a bigger tank..... otherwise u cold maybe get him a 29 gallon with a buddy?

well the 75 gallon is the last tank i can have..

and i have a other 20 gallon just seating here

Archived