Need Goldfish Help

Guest New Fish Ma

Guest New Fish Ma

Our big Oranda (5") has been sitting on the bottom of the tank (off and on --- mostly on) for the last three days. She has an air bladder problem and sometimes swims upsidedown for short periods, but other than that, she has been fine. I don't understand this new behavior. We have only had the tank for approximately one month and all the fish came with the tank. Up until three days ago, everyone seemed normal. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello there and welcome to Koko's.

I've tried to move this topic for you to the disease and diagnosis section but I can't seem to do it.

So....... why don't you start a new thread there? - post as much info about your tank set up as you can. You'll find a white box at the top of the section with a lot of questions for you to answer. Your tank is pretty new so it will be especially important to know about your water chemistry.

I'm sure we'll be able to help get your fish back on track. Post up as soon as you have a moment.

:welcome

Ah, ha! Magic! Who moved it?

Hey, New Fish Ma.

We've moved it for you - assuming you've clicked on your old link it will have brought you here. You're now in the Disease and Diagnosis section.

Take a minute to look around the board and aquaint yourself with the different sections as you'll find lots of info of interest.

Try to answer as many of the following Q's as you can.

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?

Nitrite Level?

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?

What is the name and size of the filter/s?

How often do you change the water and how much?

How many fish in the tank and their size?

What kind of water additives or conditioners?

Any medications added to the tank?

Add any new fish to the tank?

What do you feed your fish?

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

If you don't already have a water drop test-kit for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH I'd strongly recommend you get one as soon as possible. It's one of the most necessary fishkeeping tools you will need.

Well, hope you've found your way around and hope to hear more about your set up.

Archived