Just Wondering, Its Abuot A Small Fish Bowl

TheFishMan

well guppy and those livebearer tropical fish only require about 1 gallon each, but then you might want to have 2, I think you can keep like ghost shrimp or something in it, or just like plant something in it hahhaaha

It's physically possible for a betta to live in there, but I definatly wouldn't recommend it! Keeping the water quality good in such a small bowl is nearly impossible. I have a few of those things kicking around too, their useful if you ever need to put a fish somewhere for an hour or so while you clean or move a tank.

PS by fish, I mean small tropicals, not goldies! :P

Yeah well atm I use it to put my fantail in for like the two minutes that am cleaning the gravel or stuff in my tank, then he just goes back in, but for those tropical fish u mentioned, do they need a heater or somthing? Or could I just put them straight in?

Tropical fish do need a heater as their requirments are differant to coldwater even a Betta requires a heater. With all fish bigger the tank the better. My female Betta lives in a 10 gallon tank by herself

i was on the planted tank forum and came across this you may like it seems like a fun little project. you could put some shrimp in there either amano or cherry but 2 at the most

linky

Guest Chicklette

Yes, those bowls are usually to small for all fish. They all usually require heat and filtration. Personally I wouldn't even keep a betta in it.

Yes, those bowls are usually to small for all fish. They all usually require heat and filtration. Personally I wouldn't even keep a betta in it.

agreed that is why i think he should look at the link above it is fun and he could have a shrimp in there

Guest KathrynO

I have a 1.5 gallon bowl at work with an undergravel filter, a live plant (some type of grass that runs) and a small shrimp. I set it up because I just wanted the sound of bubbling water and didn't plan on putting anything other than the plant in there, but someone brought me the shrimp one day (that they got from a ditch) and it has been doing well for over a year. I give it a small goldfish pellet once a day and change about 1/4 the water every few months. Never checked the water chemistry but seems to be doing fine.

fishman if you check the link i posted in post number 6 you will see all the needs for the grass the heat from the sun which is mentioned in that link is enough for the shrimp you may want to add a source of aeration

Archived