Yellow Lighting

Trico

I bought a aqua culture hood yesterday, brought it home and turned it on, discovering the light it emmited was a nasty yellow :krazy: . I really want my light to be either clear or blue, does anyone know if the bulb hoods come with any other colors than in a nasty yellow?

Is that a screw-in incadescant or a fluorescent tube in the hood? If it's fluorescent, there is a type of bulb called "Power Glo" made by Marina. They are a bit pricey, depending on where you buy them, but it would be worth it IMO. I don't know if it would fit in your hood, but it does have a "whiter" light. The colors on my goldies are more vibrant when I use these bulbs.

Its a screw in bulb, my older hood for my 55 gallon is a nice florescent blue, which I want my lil mollie tank to be. Anyone know of a screw in bulb light that emmits clear or blue light?

just replace it just get the right size and the max wattage your hood can support. power glo is good but i like the range from juwel and zoo med :) Bulbs can be yellow for many reasons one is it is an old bulb when they start to loose their full power they turn a yellow colour or there are a line of heat bulbs which reproduce the heat made in real environments they designed specifically for maximum plant growth

Archived