New Mollies

Trico

Today I bought some cute lil mollies, I plan to breed them also. I may have some pics later. They're soooooo cute with their lil disproprotionately sized lips! :newfish

Guest Ink Fish

Hi,

Mollies are really cute, I had to cycle my tank with mollies before I got Boo. I found it very hard to part with them. :cry I also love the disproprotionate lips. I named one Papya and the other one Mocha. Have you given yours names yet? Can't wait to see the picks! :fishtank:

Inky :)

Cool! Congrats on the new fish. It's always so exciting and fun to get new fish!!!

Let's see some pics, please!

• 2 weeks later...

I have my mollies and platies in with my goldfish, but i read somewhere that they aren't compatable...they get along great though. i know you're supposed to have seperate tropical and goldfish tanks, and yes i know mollies/platies are supposed to have a little salt, but the pet store said they'd get along find without it, and i haven't used it for the like...four months i've had them and they seem fine. my goldfish seem to really like them and they've become buddies, of a sort at least. and my female platy is pregnant, so she can't be unhappy, right?

Yea, some people keep them together. The problem is their 'ideal' needs are different, water temp, food, pH (depending), salinity, etc. etc. Also, hopefully your goldfish will grow much larger than your platys and mollys, then you've got another problem on your hand.

Archived