My New Oranda

Trico

Well, I went to the store and I saw this adorable little blue oranda, but I have a problem now. I put him in with my other orandas and ryukin, bringing my 5 fancies in my 55 gallon to 6. The fish are all quite small and recent purchases, the largest being my 2.5-3 inch ryukin. My question is, Will overcrowding be a problem until I can get my 29 gallon cycled in 6 weeks?

Oh and will he lose his blue color in the future? Another question too, he has the front of his dorsal fin a little bent and torn, it doesn't seem to affect him, he swims normaly and otherwise is perfectly fine.

Just keep an eye on your nitrates, and do WC's accordingly.

Congrats! He sounds cute! No pics?

Hmm lemme see if I can get one before I turn in for the night :newfish:)

You should be fine, just keep an eye on the nitrates like Lola said.

Wow he is super cute. He is SOOOOOOO BLUE!!!!

I am not 100% sure that his color will stay that dark, but others will know more.

yes he should stay the same colour but only time will tell i have a blue oranda as well her name is pearl that is her in my avatar she has a little bit of bronze on her but with the correct lighting she has stayed blue and i have had her since the end of september :)

Blu is a beauty for sure and congratulations :)

I'm sorry to rain on your happy day but did you quarantine him? A new fish added without QTing may be a carrier of diseases you cannot see that may be dangerous to your older fish.

It's always a good idea to quarantine new fish before adding them to your set up, even when they look fine.

He's really pretty! And I don't usually like black/blue fish.... Lil Blu looks like he has a lot of potential to grow up to be a VERY BEAUTIFUL fish!

Archived