Too Many Males?

jamisskat

I have 5 Orandas total.. 4males 1 female.. Will having more males than females stress Jasmine out?... Is it better to have an equal match is what Im asking.. :unsure: All 5 orandas will be in a 150g tank soon..

I am really thinking about that now, because there are so much spawning going on. It seems that I only have one female in each tank...

My poor little beloved Belly is very beaten up. I would like to put up my tiny QT for the 2 females, but my hubby doesn't like more tanks........ :(

Anyway, they doesn't look stressed or sick, so I guess they are OK.

But there is a lot of chasing going on, I saw eggs today...

I am really thinking about that now, because there are so much spawning going on. It seems that I only have one female in each tank...

My poor little beloved Belly is very beaten up. I would like to put up my tiny QT for the 2 females, but my hubby doesn't like more tanks........ :(

Anyway, they doesn't look stressed or sick, so I guess they are OK.

But there is a lot of chasing going on, I saw eggs today...

Congrats!..EGGS..lol..Jasmine has been crossing her vent I think.. :rofl No eggs yet from her..Sometimes she gets chassed but she likes to pick on the boys alot to..lol..especially around feeding times..She will chase them around and get quite serious.. :unsure: Shes so sweet but yet such a darn bully!..I hope to get eggs in spring with her.. Sometimes i think she's just one of the boys'....She gets around well and puts them in their place but breeding hasnt arrived yet at my house so this will be interseting..

So far Lola is my only girl. Poor thing. She hasn't been "in heat" in a while, thankfully.....I feel so bad for her when the males are giving her a run for her money. I'm not sure what Shinobi is yet....time will tell. I can't see "his" vent very well because he's so small yet.

I'm trying to keep several tanks going at a time, so if Lola ever does get too stressed, I can remove her for a while.

So far Lola is my only girl. Poor thing. She hasn't been "in heat" in a while, thankfully.....I feel so bad for her when the males are giving her a run for her money. I'm not sure what Shinobi is yet....time will tell. I can't see "his" vent very well because he's so small yet.

I'm trying to keep several tanks going at a time, so if Lola ever does get too stressed, I can remove her for a while.

Well, I use to go by the vent..but since buying Sachio who I thought was a female turned out to be a boy..lol..the vent looked female to me but the breeding stars on the edges of the pecs gave me a 100% male!..lol

I have 3 females and 2 males. I feel sorry for my females during breeding, the males chase them a lot. But in the autumn/winter its nice and quiet! I just keep my eye on them, if it was to ever get too rough i would move the males out to my spare tank.

Archived