Iced!

love-rabbit-fish

wow, it have never been this cold before in Florida! burrrrrr :wacko: today, i went out and found there have been a thin layer of ice ontop of the surface of my pond! the fish are still fine, so no worries about them. it just shocks me that it could ever get this cold :scared this is prolly no big deal to the northern ponders lol :D anyways, here are some pics lol :D :D :D

the fish under ice, i though i'll never see this

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00343.jpg

the wild plants that grew on my mini mountain got frozen too

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

the mini mountain, still have water running through it

DSC00366.jpg

:D *shiver* *shiver*

Oh, my God our pond looked like this today............

Picture27443.jpg

Can you see the pond... ?

It is covered in isolation and snow... I wonder, is anything alive in there...........???

WOW!..Those fish are still swimming around!..Im in Florida also we had teen temps here in our town..my 125p froze also but my babies are inside at 76 degrees :D We are getting ready to take out our pond and build a big pond..so I just brought them indoors... What size is your pond? I cant believe they are at the top! My fish woudve been down at the bottom freezing their scales off :rofl

Very nice looking fish!!! :D

I love the first picture....

I am shocked u guys got ice though...

Today it is negative 16 degrees F so I don't feel too bad for you yet :P

Well in that case i want to come visit u in NY!..lol..-16 wow!..I was in Ny a few yrs back on long island..sooo purdy there..but too many crazy cab drivers!.. :yikes

:thud wow Annette! and i think this is bad, i havent seen anything yet! i can make of the pond, but barely, wow! it's beautiful! I hope your fishes will be okay :unsure:

thanks jewels :D yeah, they swam to the top when they heard me coming lol, then a little after, they'll go back down lol. My pond is 725 gal :D

thanks Brandon L. :D yup, i knda like the 1st pic too, the ice makes it look artsy doesnt it lol :D wow, -16 degrees :yikes and here i am in, +teens degrees, and feeling sorry for myself lol. i used to live in Boston for awhile, i dont know how i lived through it!!!! lol :D snow was fun

wow, u got ice way down in florida? Looks cool though. By us its only -6 (celcius) today usually its more like -20 to -30 sometimes -40 or colder celcius. We did have lots of snow too but we've had some really strong winds that blew away most of the snow :( which sucks cause if anymore goes then I wont b able to go snowboarding anylonger

wow, u got ice way down in florida? Looks cool though. By us its only -6 (celcius) today usually its more like -20 to -30 sometimes -40 or colder celcius. We did have lots of snow too but we've had some really strong winds that blew away most of the snow :( which sucks cause if anymore goes then I wont b able to go snowboarding anylonger

Yeppers we ice!..lol.. and I woke up to my points sticking on my darn well!.grrrr..it's fixed hubby came home from lunch and worked on it.. Im taking my family to GA soon to see the snow..cant wait!

Wow thats pretty cold my sis lives over there and its cold right now...

yeah, i cant remember the last time it was this cold lol :)

it surprised me too, wow, -40 :scared i think i like our florida winter better lol ;)

Yeppers we ice!..lol.. and I woke up to my points sticking on my darn well!.grrrr..it's fixed hubby came home from lunch and worked on it.. Im taking my family to GA soon to see the snow..cant wait!

oh, happy trip Jewels lol :) there's an asian fishshop somewhere in Atlanta that have the awesome goldies lol, it's called "Petshop" real original :rolleyes: i dont know what part of Atlanta it's in tho :(

Wow thats pretty cold my sis lives over there and its cold right now...

yeah, i cant remember the last time it was this cold lol :)

it surprised me too, wow, -40 :scared i think i like our florida winter better lol ;)

oh, happy trip Jewels lol :) there's an asian fishshop somewhere in Atlanta that have the awesome goldies lol, it's called "Petshop" real original :rolleyes: i dont know what part of Atlanta it's in tho :(

SHHHH dont tell me that! .. :rofl Now im going to have to check it out...lol

Wonderful pics! Looks so magical! :D That ice would be frozen solid thru the whole pond up here! ;)

thanks Erin :heart eeeek, fish-icles, doesnt sound so delicious lol :D

lol, it's been up around the low 90s-100s since xmas here! whew, my fish outside are roasting!

thanks Mads :D oh no, BBQ goldfish, what have the world gone to, LOL ;)

Meanwhile, it has been running in the 48 to 62 degree F range near Philadelphia. I'm sure the gang in the pool/pond heard the New Year's eve celebrations and must know it is January, but this weather must have them all confused!

Global Warming??? Nah.... Mr. Bush says "No!"

Oliver

Meanwhile, it has been running in the 48 to 62 degree F range near Philadelphia. I'm sure the gang in the pool/pond heard the New Year's eve celebrations and must know it is January, but this weather must have them all confused!

Oliver

thanks Oliver :D i've never thought it could be that warm in Phil during winter lol

Thankfully, it's a bit warmer today. Isn't it amazing the fish can survive those cold temps?

yeah, it is pretty neat isnt it ? lol. fish are amazing creatures :heart Have been around your area in FL Lolafish, but the temps here been really strange, 60-70 in morning, but teens at night :unsure:

Ahh it was 8 degree F..it was cold..

nice pics those are some hardy fish :D

thanks Alex, that is cold :krazy::D

Sorry to break it to you, Jewels, but I haven't seen any snow in GA. I did hear however today that there were a few snow flakes in Brevard county (Cocoa Beach and such). Maybe further up north in GA - down here people have been waiting for snow for years now. :D

Oh, of course, Mr. Bush is always right.... :tomuch:

An, your pond looked beautiful, with all those fish swimming underneath. My wakin pond looked like that one day last winter, for about half an hour, before all the ice broke and disappeared. Looks so cool!

Sorry to break it to you, Jewels, but I haven't seen any snow in GA. I did hear however today that there were a few snow flakes in Brevard county (Cocoa Beach and such). Maybe further up north in GA - down here people have been waiting for snow for years now. :D

Oh, of course, Mr. Bush is always right.... :tomuch:

An, your pond looked beautiful, with all those fish swimming underneath. My wakin pond looked like that one day last winter, for about half an hour, before all the ice broke and disappeared. Looks so cool!

thanks Andrea :heart it is pretty cool isnt it? this is the first time i saw the pond ice up lol, :rolleyes: all the ice melted after an hour or two tho. :(

:rofl You are sooooooooo happy to blame everything on "global warming" huh? :rofl

IT has been unseasonably cold then warm then cold and now warm again. Such are the winds of change - with the next big storm coming in the Pacific, we will get the outflow in about a week. But then, this happens nearly every year - at one time or another. It has for over 60 years in my personal experience - and will continue.

(ACtually - it is my personal opinion that it is the politicians and their hot air. First their hot air heats things up in Iowa - causing a great warming event. Now, with them going to New Hampshire, the hot air will cause an great up-draft there, pulling the cold air east with it and flooding Illinois in frigid temps once again. ;) )

(ACtually - it is my personal opinion that it is the politicians and their hot air. First their hot air heats things up in Iowa - causing a great warming event. Now, with them going to New Hampshire, the hot air will cause an great up-draft there, pulling the cold air east with it and flooding Illinois in frigid temps once again. ;) )

Oh I see you have discovered the secret to global warming ;)

Archived