Hmmm Okay

Fish_Fanatic

So I'm thinking about what to put in my 14 gallon. I know for sure i want some neon tetras. But what do you guys think I should put with them? I want a really colourful variety of fish and im so unfamiliar with tropicals. And what temperature would i need to keep the tank?

man i still think guppies are the best, they come in all kind of colors so they are very very colorful. They are easy to take care of, very hardy. Very active and fun to watch. the Temp for them can just keep around 75F but i recomend getting all male, they are much more colorful and much more beautiful, and they dont breed so you dont ahev to worry later lol

can they go with tetras?

They will be fien with Tetra neon, they will mind their own business, the only thing is, Tetra neon will require PH lvl abit lower than guppies, but guppies will be fine with it. I see people put guppies and tetra neon together before, they live together great.

You could get Neons and guppies (That'd be really colorful! I like both of those kinda of fish a lot. :) )

Or Neons and Glowfish (That'd be colorful too)

or Neons and some other kind of bright tetra.... if there are some at your local pet shop. That would eliminate any "species compatible" issues.

I'd say stay away from mollies.... I saw them and thought I wanted them since they were bright, but they need salt and they get big.

And here's a tip for when you actually get your fish: float the bag in the water of the tank, and every 5 minutes for 45-60 minutes, add a little bit of water from the tank to the bag. It helps the fish adjust better.

Kristi~ Cool video!!! So jealous of the prettiness! I like guppies A LOT, and would get some if I had a spare tank and if they didn't breed so much!

Kristi! Beautiful guppies!

Kristi~ Cool video!!! So jealous of the prettiness! I like guppies A LOT, and would get some if I had a spare tank and if they didn't breed so much!

well...I think if you just want to keep them for fun without having to keep upgrading tank ot being serious about breeding, then i suggest getting all males. They are way more colorful and longer tails (most of it) so they are fun to watch. Believe me they breed alot....i mean ALOT and they will breed very fast. there is a reason why they call it the million fish....

Yeah, the all-males concept is a good idea. Thing is, though, that I don't have a good place to put any guppies at the moment, since I'm not going to risk putting them in with my possibly-aggressive zebra danios.

Archived