My Nano Tank (56k Warning)

Daniel

okay well today i set up a nano tank it is approx 5.5gals. this will be one of my ongoing planted tank projects. i tired to use what i had the only thing i need to buy is a fluorescent light i am thinking of those lamps that clip onto the side i will probably get one tomorrow. For the moment i am using a halogen desk lamp which is okay but not great for plants (i checked that on the planted tank forum) i am thinking of getting a male betta i want a fish in there and looks like a pretty place for a betta. The haze is from the light and the substrate it is a type of fluorite type product

hardware

5.5gals

filter - aqua one 200

light - currently halogen but am getting a fluorescent lighting set up

hardscape

mangrove wood but am thinking of replacing with some slate

Fauna

None

Flora

hygrophila

pennywort

hair grass

the mess i had to tidy up first

IMG_0494.jpg

finally done now here is the tank on the table stand

IMG_0498.jpg

with some plant substrate there is african violet soil underneath for added nutrients

IMG_0499.jpg

in with the driftwood

IMG_0500.jpg

slowly filling up with a cup to try not to disturb the substrate

IMG_0501.jpg

ahhh dumb wood it floated up i can fix that

IMG_0502.jpg

voila all done

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

wow! nice tank Daniel, it'll look really pretty once everything grows in :thumb: i think the betta is a good idea, i'll luv it in there with all the plants :D groovy fish next to the bottle of prime lol :D

i found this diy slate cave that looks really cool in your tank, might be a bit sharp tho :(

http://www.plantgeek.net/article_viewer.php?id=6

thanks for the comment An. i am going to use co2 i just need a bottle lol. I checked the slate thing it looks awesome but i think your right maybe a bit to sharp especially if i do get a betta. Oh and yeah i think the fish is awesome my brother gave it to me for christmas :)

well i got rid off the driftwood and replaced with some black rock this may be the quickest thing ever i may be tearing it down tomorrow only as i can't be bothered buying any more lights lol

i had to tear it down for a qt tank we lost our 10gal lol it will be a qt for my brothers new axolotl :) maybe later i will set it up again

Very nice looking for such a small tank! It looks like it'd be so fun for a fish, with lots of stuff to swim in and around, and places to hide.... Sweet!

i had to tear it down for a qt tank we lost our 10gal lol it will be a qt for my brothers new axolotl :) maybe later i will set it up again

oh no..what happen to the 10 gallon?

It looks nice can't wait when you take an other go at it :))

Archived