New Year Resolutions

Trinket

Soooo..did you stick to last years :rofl Okay.....at the back...but for how long :glare: ?

:D

It's that time of year when we start over and rewind.. What are your new year resolutions everyone :yeah: ?

I don't remember what my New Year's resolution was last year, so I'm sure I didn't keep it. :rolleyes:

This year - I'm hoping to "let things go". Not get stressed out about things that I can't change, don't really matter - or didn't go the way I had hoped. (I actually decided this last night while writing to someone!) I usually beat myself up pretty bad over things - and there's really no reason to. :unsure:

So a year of less guilt sounds pretty good to me! :thumb:

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Debbie

Debbie your new years resolution is the one I made for myself last year :D It's a good one! I did try and keep it but, well, it is also a hard one to remember all the time :) This year I want to try and get things done, & not postpone things that need doing :exactly

Mine would be the same: stop procrastinating. I also have a resolution to keep the house cleaner, which means: stop procrastinating! :D

I have some other resolutions, but I will write them later. :read

To pay off a lot of my bills so that we can save for a house and move out of my parents basement. :rolleyes:

To get wedding plans in full swing so that I'm not stressed at the last minute!

I promise to lay off my hubby and his HORRID messes around the house. (I HATE his messes.... but nagging and lecturing and all do not seem to work - have not worked for 35 years - so I need to GIVE UP.)

To walk more and run less.

To hold my tongue and NOT say the first thing that comes to mind.

Last Year I vowed to be a bit cleaner, do my dishes, keep my laundry up to date and put stuff away when Im done with it! Im not perfect but I am better! I have rinsed all my dishes my laundry now only piles up to Two loads before I do it and I don't have so much crap out and storage for everything!

Resolution... COMPLETE!

This year I have decided that I don't want to be overweight anymore. I made a website to track my weight loss, I joined the college gym and Im eating healthier. So far so good!

Debbie your new years resolution is the one I made for myself last year :D It's a good one! I did try and keep it but, well, it is also a hard one to remember all the time :) This year I want to try and get things done, & not postpone things that need doing :exactly

I guess old habits are hard to break.. but if I do fall back, hopefully I won't feel guilty about it! :teehee

I procrastinate myself... but I'll deal with that one next year! :rofl I wish you luck on your resolution!

Debbie

I promise to lay off my hubby and his HORRID messes around the house. (I HATE his messes.... but nagging and lecturing and all do not seem to work - have not worked for 35 years - so I need to GIVE UP.)

Sounds like my man. But I'll nag him till the end! :rofl I hate messes.

hmmn, my last years resolution was one I knew I had to keep, it was inevitable really... It was to give birth to Gene :rolleyes: wouldn't exactly say it was ~easy~, but I did it :yeah:

This year's resolution is gonna be much more difficult to keep. I've gotta shed my pregnancy fat so I'm a healthy enough weight to facilitate another successful round of IVF. It's only been 3 days and already I've had an accident from exercise (fell on my backside n grazed my elbow after going A over T on my new rollerskates, done my pelvis some damage, going to the physio today :rolleyes: ), and the 'portion control' diet is starting to bite :krazy:

Perhaps you have jumped into this too fast - maybe getting your feet wet and starting a bit slower from the gate is the trick. Injury is against the rules!!!!

If you starve yourself on portion controls that are excessive, you will not keep it up. Try, instead to cut out ONE item this week that is a "bad" one. Eat only 1 French fry or have no alcohol. Take a walk every day with Gene. He will love it and you will get out and move. Then lay on your back and lift the baby over your stomach and play peek-a-boo - up and down. ONce again - Gene will LOVE it and you will not notice that you are exercising. (free weights!)

One of the best ones I did was to put the baby on my stomach and do sit ups with a peek-a-boo on the end of each one. The giggles were great - and the baby tummy fat disappeared.

I do not know if you are allowed to do sit-ups these days - my daughter tells me she is not allowed to do them yet. But 35 years ago, they never hurt me..... :)

If you "hide" your exercise in "fun stuff" you will never notice it - but it will do great things for you. So roller skate slower - and walk faster. Play the toy picking up game - each toy needs to be a toe touch. It works and it is fun!!!!!!

Now - if I could only figure out how to make my hubby's messes fun. Impossible.

my new year resolution is to go at least 2 months without a sick fish and rescue a sick fishie just like I did with my little Kameko, btw he's looking great and I let him out of the breeding trap today to see if him and Odyssea would get along, so far so good although they've been nipping at each other just a little.

Im planning on taking better care of myself..Mentally ect.. I'm the ppl pleaser and forget about me sometimes..Sometimes I get so caught up in the fish and kids and the hubby I forget to eat!..So I want to pamper me more and also help my hubby to stop smoking..

I want to *try* to get my weight back down to 150 lbs. then down to 130 lbs. Tone my muscles a little and get a better job, even if it's in a factory.

Oh, yeah. And get married!

I made 3 new year resolutions,

1. Get a job- Graduate/normal

2. Lose weight

3. Learn to drive!

good luck to everyone with theirs, lets hope we all stick to them!

Got my website working!

www.neuroticdieter.com

YAY!

Kasper, you got a funky website there! :thumbs: And what a respective goal you got - congratulations on making the first step. You can do it! I did it - from 228 to 169. Okay, not in one year, it took me almost 3, but who cares. So, if my lazy butt, couch sitting, fast food eating former self could do it, so can you.

Just remember - one day at the time. And you are allowed to fall every now and then. Only the once who don't get up afterwards will fail. Don't approach it as an all-or-nothing thing. Little mistakes are allowed. :thumbs:

Oh, and my solution - 10 more lbs to go, and I really should try to take things more easy. Not worry about things so much that I can't change, but change the ones I am able to. Which is a biggy for me, since some of those changes should involve my immediate family. One thing for sure - I don't want to look at a year from now and still see the same crap.

My resolution is to get in shape again, all I am doing is sitting on my butt reading and writting for school but I need to take out time and get some exercise every day, it'll help with the stress, help with the ever expanding waistline and just make me feel better in general!

I had two last year. One was kept and one was not. The one I kept was probably the best thing for me and..well..let's just say I'm really glad I didn't keep the other haha.

This year my main resolution is to break down my walls and truly, deeply, get to know my friends.

Archived