Cycling Planted Tank

Quasi

I'm going to do a fishless cycle of my new secondhand tank. During the cycling there will already be plants in it. Will this effect the cycling of the tank in a way?

The ammonia is in the tank. :happydance Next time I open that thing it wil be with a mouth-nose -mask. The stench :blink: .

At the same time I will make some dilluted ammonia, so it will be easier to admister it and a lot healthier for me.

try 8 hours on and the rest off or you can do 12-12 lighting but you need to have the lights on and off at the same time each day otherwise you can mess with the plants bio logical clock. So if you turn your lights off a 10pm then they need to be turned on at 10am ;)

I've put the lights on at 8 this morning and I'm planning on turning them off at 8 tonight. I had already asked my father to do the same when I'm not at home :D

You can get a basic light timer at Target or that kind've store for around $5. For under $10 you can get a little more advanced such as digital, battery backup, etc. May be a heck of a lot easier on you than having to remember to turn it on and off every day at the same times.

Archived