Just Got Me A New Computer

Tosakin in Oz

Woohoo! Dave got his laptop stolen the other week, of course it was stolen from the inside of our unlocked bomb of a car that's parked out on the street, so no insurance company is gonna pay us out. :rolleyes:

My laptop has been very 'well loved' over the last couple of years, I'm missing a couple of keys, like one of the shift buttons, the right click button on the mouse pad is broken, the spacebar is sticky. lets face it, I eat over the board and my dogs walk on my computer, it's not surprising my old computer is on its way out. Well, Dave decided that since is spend so much time infront of the computer, I should get a brand-spanking new one, and he's gonna take on my old broken one to replace his stolen one. :yeah: I like that deal! NOW I'm sitting reclined on the couch with my wireless keyboard and mouse staring at my huge 24" Mac screen. WOOT! :D me happy..

Dave is currently in the kitchen making me tea, gloating about how good a husband he is for suggesting a Mac, and I've gotta say, I hafta agree with him :heart

I've been verbalising the last sentence as I write, and when I typed :heart , Dave thought I said :fart ... :rolleyes::rofl

Whooo love is in the air again over at the Madses. This time a Mac :heart Congrats on the newest baby! That sounded a good way to wing it, we did the same, hubby got the old one and I got the new one -when we finally quit sharing the same one which was NOT fun :rolleyes: Only difference being I paid for the new one ho hum, you were luckier :D Isn't it exciting getting a new toy...one for yourself this time :pianobanana

Yeah, Honey got my old one too. It's a waste of a halfway good laptop. He just doesn't understand the things. When he goes on line, I have to tell him what to do on every page he visits. It's really annoying when you are trying to enjoy surfing on your own.

But Mads...What about all of the stuff that was stored on your laptop? Photos, etc.. what a bummer to lose all of that!

Erin, I'm getting a little lost, but it's getting easier to nav around, and it's gotta be way better than ending up with Vista right?

Lordy, I wont lose all my pics! I'm gonna burn em to CD/dvd and transfer them, perhaps I might even sort them! :o

Any pics?

I wanna know what kind of computer it is.

My son loves Mac!

btw I just got TV installed in my computer, it's fun!

Congrats on the new puter, Mads! :thumbs: One thing for sure - you don't need to clean you keyboard for a while... :rofl3

New computers are a perfect reason to sort through all those pictures that have been piled up over the years. When I got a new one, I transfered all the pictures, and just now sit down every now and then and sort them all out. I have literally 100s on there, and some are so old, or yucky, or just worthless, it isn't even funny.

Oh, I have thousands of pics on my poor little computer, I know I should clean up, but I don't wanna throw away old pics of the fishies, even if they are lousy......... I should make a CD........ someday.........

Congratulations - even though it's a Mac. Hehe

I've bought 2, and helped people buy 2 other, computers since Vista came out. They all were ordered with XP. I'd bet Microsoft is just dying to here people are buying Macs so they don't have to use Vista. :unsure:

Just for the record, I have Vista on my computer. It took me about 1/2 hour to figure out how to turn off all the extra security stuff that it has on (I always turn that crap off) and it works wonderfully. I haven't had a single problem with it and once you figure out a few navigational weirdnesses it's arranged really well. It's far easier for me to find files and the such on it and it's little 'look I look cool' features are helpful once you start to use them. I have 8 windows open and from the click of one button I can view all eight and choose which one I want to look at. With the click of one button I can see nothing but my desktop, click a button and come straight to this page without a problem. Even when I can't see it on the little taskbar. I like the applications on a mac, but I've gotten mine to fit my standards so well that my computer geek friend (Mac all the way) actually likes Vista on my computer. Only thing is, I have no idea how I did all this so I can't really explain to him to help out other Vista users. I'm not easy to please, but hey whatever works. Oh, wait, there is one issue I remember. I can't play movies (like DVD's) on this computer. It played for the first day and hasn't since, but whatever. I watch movies on my other laptop (this one is a 15.1" screen, the other is a 17") cause the screen is bigger and it's still my absolute baby even though I basically almost ended it's life through melting it.

Congrats! New computers are fun. I just got my laptop today. Its a gateway. Its one of their high performance 17" laptops. I have vista on it, thats the only thing i dont like. Im a guy. I dont need my computer to look 'beautiful'...

Im with erin though, I used macs a few times and i always get lost. lol

oh coolies mads you got a new computer my aunty got the 32" mac i got to play on it when i visited her in singapore they are great i think they are easier to navigate than windows

oh it is cool you got a new computer jon yeah i am the same i don't have vista but i don't like it. I set up some new computers and they all have vista i hated it. It felt good to get home to my nice little laptop with xp on it lol

Archived