What The Heck Happened?!

Faust

I am trying to take a photo but I can't get a good one. I will try to take one and post it. But this is what I see.

It is not pop eye, yet there is this flat clear surface over the eye. Two small white spots. I can't really even see the eye. The other eye that is regular, appears to be sticking out like goldfish eyes normally do. But the other eye is just flat with this clear surface to it. I was wondering why my little ranchu has been hiding. The black moor is very aggressive, and has been displaying breeding habits even more severely now. My poor little ranchu was trying to hide, though I thought it was time for it to breed. Now this little guy moves away from me when I try to take the photo all scared, though doesn't appear to be affraid of the other fish. I am not sure when this happened, I just noticed it right now. The ranchu is considered Medium sized as the rest of my fish, though still an inch or so smaller. Has this happened with anyone before? Did my ranchu lose an eye? Or is this an early stage or something else?

All of a sudden bad things with my fish. I swear! Things have happened, but not like this..... :-(

IT may be that the fish has lost the clear lens that covers the eye - making it appear flat. If this is the case, then, yes, he has lost his eye.

Aggressive tank mates, breeding behaviors, deco in the tank can all be causes of eye damage.

Keep the water pristine and keep any eye on it. If any infection occurs, treat as needed. For most, though, all that is needed is clean water and time.

IT may be that the fish has lost the clear lens that covers the eye - making it appear flat. If this is the case, then, yes, he has lost his eye.

Aggressive tank mates, breeding behaviors, deco in the tank can all be causes of eye damage.

Keep the water pristine and keep any eye on it. If any infection occurs, treat as needed. For most, though, all that is needed is clean water and time.

Alright, thanks... Man that is just horrible. Poor thing lost his eye.

Guest Chicklette

If you see the eye starting to get infected I would add some Melafix, other then that it should clear up. Some goldies can be quite aggressive. I would keep an eye on them. If you see aggression or it starting to happen again I would move the sggressor.

Archived