Well Water?

Hey all. :D

Alright, well, I just handed over my trusty goldfish to my friend because I'm moving and well, it wouldn't work too well for my fish.

My friend gets well water from the tap, so is there anything major I should be worried about?

The fish has been living for over a year on normal tap water, around 8.0 ph or so.

So should I be worried? Like are there any potent dangers, such as chemicals? Ph? Help? :D

Thanks.

As long as the well water is considered "potable" or fit for human consumption, then there should be no problems for the fish. If the water differs greatly from the 8.0 that you have been using, the fish should be adjusted over a matter of hours to the new pH.

Generally agree with Daryl, although you may want to run a battery of tests on their water (not just pH) to see any differences, and if anything needs to be done about them. pH, KH, GH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates. If you really wanna get fancy there's phosphates & silicates too, but that may be a bit much :) .

Many of them are fine if they're different from your water, although a gradual change should usually be fine. But if you find out their well water has ammonia, nitrites, high nitrites, or low KH, they may want to use a water conditioner to help with those things.