Happy New Year

OldHag

I have been babysitting New Years Eve, and baby Millie tried some new food.

Ehh, what's this?

Picture27433.jpg

One spoon for Granny.

Picture27434.jpg

Not what I expected. Where is the bottle... ?

Picture27435.jpg

I am trying to upload a video too... maybe later.... :D

Video, try the links!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Old...icture27437.flv

th_Picture27437.jpg

Anette! Millie is just beautiful, it looks like you had a great time on NYE :) She's really working out how to get that dummy in her mouth, Gosh, it was only a month or two ago that Gene was like that, now he's sitting up grabbing anything he can get his hands on and straight into the mouth :rolleyes: they're so precious at this age aren't they? every small thing we take for granted is such a major leap in development for them :D They are just so eager to learn, I love it. :heart

Yes, that is what I love most with little children, it is so amazing how much they can learn, and so fast!

And yes, I think she is beautiful too!!! :D:heart

You are lucky - mine is thousands of miles away.....

Millie is ADORABLE.

I need to figure out what a baby of 4-5 months of age needs to play with..... I did not give any toys for I wanted his OTHER grandparents to have a chance without me taking all the "good stuff". But they gave him no toys, so I get to go toy shopping....

I think that stacking plastic doughnut tower and some rings on a ring should be good. I gave him a stack of books and he loves those. What else does Millie like to play with?????

Carol, I found that all the babies in my mothers group loved the plastic link rings, -they're good on their own for play, but you can attach other toys/teethers to them and attach them to the pram, don't know if Matthew's got them already, but they were a real hit with our kids a couple of months ago (4-5months), and I find I'm using them constantly to stop toys from falling on the ground from the pram/highchair etc. I tried to find a website, but couldn't find anything... I think these ones were from Playgro, but I'm not sure of their availability in the states...

IMG_8797.jpg

As you can see we've got a couple of toys attached to the chain at the moment, the zebra one on the left is a fisherprice toy that plays 'camptown races' drives us nuts, but has been a consistant winner with Gene, he's had it since day dot, but really started to appreciate it around 4 months when he started to learn how to press the yellow button and make the tune play. "oooooh, the camptown racetrack five mile long, doo dah, doo dah..." :krazy:

Lamaze does a great range of playtoys now too, Gene got an octopus and on each different leg there's a different activity/textured material that he can touch/mouth/play that's also been a big winner, it's not on the website any more, perhaps it's an old style, but I just checked out and there's some great new toys available...

lamaze toys

ooooooooooo the doo dah zebra sound GOOD! I love annoying toys. Especially when they are NOT in my house!

;):rofl

Rings are good. I think I will look for some of those other thingys too..... good site.

I think I can have some fun tomorrow. I need to go to BabiesRUs and order a crib to be sent to my other daughter. There are no stores in her area of Louisiana - we looked - the nearest store was 125 miles away.

Doo DAh Doo Dah.....

:P:pp:teehee

Kids love those key rings with the big plastic keys on it. I think fisher price makes those too

Millie is a cutie! She looks like she was not sure about the camera. :D

Archived