Tail Rot...

Sally2007

Hello My Male Betta fish has fin rot and Ive been using Maracyn II since December 18, ive seen that it got better but is it dangerous to use it more than 10 days? he hasent heal complete yet should I still use it? I usually do a full water change for him every 3 days on the medication I know that the package says to do a waterchange after the 5 days but his 1 gallon bowl gets dirty.

Thanks for all Answers...

Sally

Another person on this forum said they used a combination of salt, melafix and heat to cure their betta. I don't know how much, though. You could just start small and see if that helps. A few grains of aquarium salt, a couple drops melafix and use a table lamp to warm his bowl--not more than 80F--use a thermometer made for aquariums. Also, keeping his water clean is extremely important with 100% water changes every day for awhile. If you could put him in a 2 gal or 5 gal with a filter it might help even more.

Not sure about the Maracyn.

I used melafix to heal a rip in their tail once, heat and salt works good too. Sally if u dont know how to add salt to the water then just ask lol i'll b happy to explain it to u incase u havent done that before. I think using the maracyn a bit longer wont harm him but I would stop now and switch to melafix and salt

Archived