Heeeeeeeelp

manadesmalice

So, I just bought a used tank with a used filter, I THINK it's a wet/dry filter, I really have no idea. I took some pictures with my little brother's webcam, but they hardly turned out. I don't know if I have all the pieces, if I have to buy more pieces...I have NO NO NO idea. Could SOMEONE give me a link showing how to put it together? I'll post the pictures if necessary, but I promise they're crappy.

It would help if you knew the maker, and the model number. And help even more if you told us what they were. :exactly

If you know these details, there may be a manual to download from the manufacturer's website.

I've found links...but I can't figure out how to put it together, seriously. I wonder if I'm missing a piece. Let me break it down, and maybe someone can help me....

Okay, there's the big piece, that's about the size of a ten gallon aquarium. It's got those blue balls things in it, and a cover...okay, coming out of that is this big white hose line...attached to the top of it, there's something that looks like it should hang on the side of the aquarium. I have this little black thing that says ''Do not run dry'', and attached to it is a looong tube with a black thing on the end, I'm assuming this is what pumps the water back into the aquarium. I also have two mystery pieces of PVC pipe, but I think one goes at the top of the filter over the grate over the blue balls, and the other one has a little tube running out of it. ...Has this helped in any way?

http://www.eshopps.com/Siphon/Set-up.pdf

i did some lookin' up for wet/dry filters a while back, and there is a diagram of what most wet/dry sump filters look like. lemme know if it helps any. From what i understand, you've got the right idea though. the intake tube is the one that fits on top of the blue bio balls compartment thingie, and from what you described, the black box might be the pump to return water to the tank. i'm not too sure about the PVC pipes though. what are their lengths? and if you could post pictures of the parts, it might be easier for us to get mental image of what yer talkin' about. :D

i will keep looking to see if i can figure out what it is you've got! :) g'luck on the setup! haha lucky you.. i've been wanting to put together a sump for the LONGEST time!! haha. :D

Archived