What A Difference A Year Makes!

Fishy Fish

Hi Everyone!

I know that there is a "before and after" thread.. but poor Dot has been through so much, doesn't she deserve a thread of her own? :rolleyes:

Look how adorable she was when she was a pup!! :D This was the day she was brought here. December 23, 2006. I didn't see her until the 25th.

babydotday1ad0.jpg

And now, a year and a week later... (Note: the flat "marbles" in the top pic are the exact same ones as in this pic)

bigdot1207om5.jpg

And what's a picture of Dot without her glorious tail??

dottail1207cjm9.jpg

When she came, she was probably about 1/2 the length of her tail... Isn't she a beauty?? She knows it, too!! :exactly

I hope you like the pictures!! :heart:wub::heart

Debbie

Thank you everyone! I love my li'l fishie!! :heart

wow what a size difference what size tank is dot being kept in

Dan, right now she's in a 10 gallon. I'm doing a fishless cycle on a 55 gallon that is taking forever. Not really - it just seems like it. :rolleyes: She's going to love it in there. :D

I love her :heart So cute and tiny and now so graceful and beautiful. And she has grown for you and is looking so well :exactly She has some bluey white on her, very nice.

She does love to have her picture taken. :wub: It's so hard to get a good picture of her though, because she likes to show off her tail - so she's always swimming!!! I must have gotten a dozen pictures of just tail while trying to get all of her. :D

She's a very happy fish, and she loves getting attention. So of course she gets it! :rolleyes: Whenever I walked to the tank, she starts wriggling all over - so I'll say "Who's a pretty fish? Is Dot a pretty fish?" and in her wriggling, it looks like she's shaking her head "no" so I'll say "Yes you're a pretty fish! Yes you are! Don't tell me no!" and she just seems to eat it all up. :heart

Last night my daughter walked up to the tank, and Dot was wriggling at her a bit - so she told Dot that she had no food for her. Then I walked up to the tank and my daughter said "Whoa - look at her go! She knows who feeds her!" :rofl

My other daughter keeps telling me that I have a fish obsession.. But I don't think I'm any more obsessed than anyone here!! :unsure:

Thank you for your wonderful comments on my baby girl. :D When the time comes that I get her a new tank-mate, I'll be sure to let you all know!!

Debbie :grouphug

Archived