Scales

OldHag

Just wanna show you some pics of scales.

My Fish King Angus lost some scales when he was brought inside for winter, he didn't like the smaller home...

The wound is healing now and it looks like 3 white scales are growing out. Will they stay white?

Picture27416.jpg

I also wanted to post a pic of Angus son Brownie. He has always had strange scales on his sides, but my son

said to me that they are growing backwards. Could that be the truth!? It certainly looks like it!

Picture27424.jpg

Brownies son Finfin has not inherited these scale deformities, he looks normal!

Picture27429.jpg

• Admin

My Konigin did the same thing with her scales messed up on one side but doesn't effect the fish at all, as for the other fish scales coming back to orange color maybe, sometimes when fish have a scale that gets infected it doesn't come back the same color again :(

Guest Halloween

I have a chocolate Oranda that grew back jet black scales after she lost a couple of her originals. She's had them for nearly a whole year now. They might stay white for you.

Brownie's scales look a little like mirror scales. Could Brownie have been injured somehow? I was thinking it could be scarring too.

Glurp lost a scale and it came in darker.

Well, Brownie looked like that when I brought him inside from pond. It is the same on both sides. I always say it looks like he was caught by an animal or a bird... but I seriously don't know, and I don't wanna think like that. But it sure looks like the scales grow backwards, and he often get injuries now, when he's chasing a female for example.

My Mysti lost some scales during breeding in the spring/summer this year and they have grown back like a yellow/white colour. Shes fine, sometimes if i look quickly at her i think that they are not there, but they are.

My Sarge had an injury during transport and the scales that have regrown are white. I thought at first that it didn't heal, untill a close look revealed the white scales. It looks strange but the scales are not bothering him.

Archived