Plastic Tubing

CometSue

I have a really great piece of pvc laying around.And i was kind of wondering if it was safe to cut and build a little tank decor out of(sand the edges of couse) I was thinging maybe i could use some aquirium sealent and gravel to decorate it with,and maybe some silk plants or something.Is that safe?What do you think?

it is safe you just have to be careful as if the fish are big they can get stuck in the tube and if no one notices they can drown but if they are little then yes it is fine. of course for bigger fish you can just get bigger pvc piping that way everyone in the tank is stimulated mentally and physically

it's a pretty large piece of pvc.I would like to cut and sculpt it into A broken down city building.I just did a large painting for the back of the tank of an abandoned war torn city,so i figured it would go.Still safe right?Or will it leech anything into the water if i melt and cut it?hmm...

PVC is used in standard plumbing and is fine for use in water or to carry water. You will be fine with it.

That sounds interesting - I would love to see what you have sculpted when you are done! :)

So far i havent gotten around to it.I'm hoping to get started on that project next week.I tested to see how well pvc melted,and i must admit not very well.LOL.I think i'm going to have to aproach this a little differently...possibley by making a mold first melting the pvc completly and pooring it into the mold.Not sure yet...I guess i'll try it agian the original way and test my pain threshold first.LOL :lol:

Archived