Qt Tanks

jamisskat

I was wondering if using a 5gallon tub for 1month would stun or affect my fish?..Keitaro had a gill checkup and I found his gills to have rough white edges so im treating now and I only have a 5g tub left.. All my 10g are not available..Keitaro is tiny only about 2 1/2 inches with tail...if you guys think thats too small I will go buy a 10g monday..

I dont think it will affect your fish if you only keep it in there for one month with great water condition. It's still pretty small. I think the growth only stunned when there is to much waste in the water and like in a bowl, it would. but I think it will be alright for 1 month in there but gosh also some fish can grow so much in 1 month, even though i still think it would be great if you can get him a 10 gallon ^__^ lol btu if you only have a 5 gallon now, then i geuss it's better than nothing

Five gallons should be fine, but stay on top of your water changes. I had a big 8+ inch pond fish inside in a 15 gallon tote bin for more than a month to treat for something this fall and did partial water changes every single day to be sure the water wasn't going toxic. I almost hated to put her back in the pond she got so friendly. She would splash the dog and it was hilarious...... I wouldn't keep her in that small of a QT forever, but it worked for what I needed it for.... Stay on top of the water changes, and don't forget the dechlor and you should be fine.

Five gallons should be fine, but stay on top of your water changes. I had a big 8+ inch pond fish inside in a 15 gallon tote bin for more than a month to treat for something this fall and did partial water changes every single day to be sure the water wasn't going toxic. I almost hated to put her back in the pond she got so friendly. She would splash the dog and it was hilarious...... I wouldn't keep her in that small of a QT forever, but it worked for what I needed it for.... Stay on top of the water changes, and don't forget the dechlor and you should be fine.

Thankyou..We have well water so thankgod for no dechlor.. my water test good from tap..

Archived