Pic Of My 10 Gal Tank With Glofish Danios

arabpaso

Cool!!! The fish and tank are very pretty. How many fish do you have in there?

I'm thinking about putting some glofish in with my normal zebra danios, but I think they would get out-shined by the flouresents! lol

Thanks again! I have 10 danios and 2 albino cories in there right now. My last gold barb also was in it but I moved him to another tank since I saw him picking on the cories at feeding time. I know, overstocked but I change almost half the water and vacuum every week. The pink danios I've had for almost a year now so they're doing ok like this! And they showed ich a few days after I got them but survived that as well. Danios are quite hardy little guys. :D

man I wish we could get glolights in oz, they're banned as commercial pets here. I want to set up a tank with a black-light, flouro gravel and plants. I've heard if you use an actinic light that they glow pretty well... maybe you could get an actinic when you replace your light next? :yeah:

That's too bad you can't get glofish over there. :( Even here some states don't allow them. The official word though is that they do NOT pose a threat to native species because they can't survive for long in our cold waters.

I never heard of actinic so I looked it up. Guess it's a different spectrum?? Sounds neat, I will check it out!

Yeah, the actinic lights are what they use in marine set-ups, it mimics the sunlight that the corals receive, it's like a really blue light, make stuff fluoresce, I'm not too sure it'd be any good for freshwater plants tho', but what I can tell from your pic none of your plants are of the growing type, right? :)

Archived