My Fishbowl....

fishbowl but no fish lol. I was bored today, so i just got interested into doing something with aquarium plants, so i go to a fish store and bought myself a fish bowl and put some of my plants in it and bought some more plants bulbs, nothing special, just gravels plants and plants bulbs, no fish no nothing. It's jus ta starting of my little fun project, now I need to make myself a CO2 system, alot of research to do, and change that crazy hot light. Then I wonder if i can have 1 or 2 cherry shrimp in it, maybe ghost shrimp. Now something else, do you know where i can buy those grassy like plants, forgot what they call.

Side view

DSC00113.png

Top view

DSC00192.png

Oh and this is my 55 gallon, today i bought pebbles and 2 glass.....w/e you call it and put my nymphaea plants in it. I trim off so many burned,bitten and dead leaves so there are barely any left lol what you think? The glass pot like cup is filled with gravel then on top is pebbles

Before

DSC00007.png

After

DSC00100.png

Close up

DSC00009.png

so what yall think? :D now i'm sorta broke again sigh* lol

wow looks good both the bowl and the 55. are those snails in the bowl?

lol thanks! :D haha those are not snails, there are only plants in that fishbowl. Those brown floating things that you thought are snails are actually plants bulbs! lol They wont sink! I dont know how to make them sink! lol So I just let it floats.

Why dont u get a river rock, and tie the bottoms of the roots of somthing to the rock, with fishing line, if u get clear fishing line, then no1 will notice it...

Lol I thought of that btu i decide not to. Because the root of that paltns grow very big and long and I mean i can cut it but then I just dont want people to see the bulbs and everything lol so i decide to put it on like a glass pot and then cover the bulbs with grave land pebbles, I like the way it look also lol I leep the top of the bulbs not cover up so new leaves can grow

it looks really nice, both the bowl and the tank. Nice work! the fish looks so curious to the plants now lol :D

do i see a guppy tank behind the bowl? lol :D

Thanks! :D haha yeah they are. They keep swimming around and the glass cup or pot in there provide a hiding space for my comet! lol I notice my comet like to swim behide it when I switch off the light and stay there. :D

and yup that isa guppy tank! lol below that tank is another tank lol

Be sure to keep an eye on those floating bulbs. Check them every couple of days, and if they start to get soft or smelly, take them out. Those bulbs make really nice plants, but it is sometimes hit and miss as to whether or not they will grow. I use them exclusively in my 2 tropical tanks.

I love you bowl set up. That's a great idea, especially if you place it in a corner of a room. Apparently it's good 'feng shei'

I have had a grassy plant before called "Hairgrass". I just bought it at the LFS. :D

Be sure to keep an eye on those floating bulbs. Check them every couple of days, and if they start to get soft or smelly, take them out. Those bulbs make really nice plants, but it is sometimes hit and miss as to whether or not they will grow. I use them exclusively in my 2 tropical tanks.

Thanks for letting me know! I will keep my eyes on it :D

I love you bowl set up. That's a great idea, especially if you place it in a corner of a room. Apparently it's good 'feng shei'

I have had a grassy plant before called "Hairgrass". I just bought it at the LFS. :D

Lol thanks, I alway wanted a heavily planted tank but the tank is big so i decided it will be fun to grow it in a small bowl lol and it's very beautiful use as decoration too, you are right!

Ohhh ok so they call hairgrass, lol thanks! I will check out my LFS if they have it.

• 6 months later...
Guest Tankgirl

Floating bulbs...the only thing you can do to stop bulbs floating is bury them or hold them down with wood or something. They only need burying as much as it takes to keep them from floating. =]

As for the grassy plants...there are quite a few. xD

The really tall, ribbony ones are vallis,

there's the small, tufty, spiky one which is Hairgrass,

there's a stemmed weedy one which is tall and usually semi-submerged which is Potamogeton,

um...there's small, tufty grass with broader edges called Micro Sword Grass,

There's my favourite, Riccia Grass which kind of looks like leafy green coral (best way I can describe it),

And of course, you can get Reeds, which just look like giant weed grass. xD

That's all I can think of. =]

Plants are fun to grow.

Do you know if they were grown in water or out?

EDIT:o.o;

Oops...this thread is OLD.

Sorry. x_x

I didn't even think to check...it was only halfway down the page. D=

Archived