Forum For Cycling?

I have noticed that there have been a fair few people here recently who have had problems getting their tanks to cycle...I am one of them. I know that we have the "water problem" forum and tank forum, but there is not a forum specifically for cycling the tank.

I think it would be great to have a place where you can post questions about cycling, ie, "Why is my tank still not cycling", "Nitrites won't go down", etc. and have some experienced mods there to help out.

Many people post these type of questions, but either they never follow up, or are kind of "pushed aside" and never get the help they need. Also, a lot of the people never follow up to say WHAT it was that finally helped them cycle their tank or what the problem was.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I like the idea, make it easier and quicker for msot people and it will be easy for member who want to learn about how to cycle the tnak because the whoel forum is to dedicate specificly to it so it will be easy.

Hi Nickie - I think the general concensus is that one of the main subjects in the Water Chemistry Section is cycling. Starting a special section for cycling alone is not likely to give any better info or help than that which is already available.

Now that, you know your cycling problem has been due to no KH, GH/alkalinity, the introduction of crushed coral will mean it won't be a problem for much longer.

Continue to post in the W/Chem section and I'm sure everyone will help with any further questions you may have :D

Archived