10 Gallon.

Earth!Mother

I have a ten gallon tank that is just sitting around doing nothing. My hospital tank is the 20 gallon, so, I want to do something with this one. :]

I have zero /real/ experience with tropicals, so info on what I could put in there (as well as how many) would be perfect... I can do the research on the type of fish from there. Thanks!

I recomend fish like guppies, platties or mollies, they are very hardy and colorful, beautifu lto look at and just enjoyable, guppies is what i got you can put 10 guppies in a 10 gallon, I recomend getting all male if you dont want to breed, these fish breed like crazy. I'm serious, soon you have to constantly upgrading your tank! You can ask me about it, message me, I have guppies

I had a 10g planted betta tank in my daughter's room and I loved it. It was pretty and low maintance.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/mags...MG_1340_2_1.jpg

:o That tank is beautiful! your betta is lucky! So muc hspace to move around! it's beautiful

A school of neon tetras would be ok in a 10gallon, especially if you are thinking of having a few plants. The neon shine of tetras always look good against a sea of green folage.

Olivia: Your Beta tank is stunning!!!! :wub:

O______O

Ryuu I am in love with that setup. You really treat your beta well, I'm sure he enjoys being in there compared to having to sit around in a tiny cup all day!

As for guppies, they're so cute and tiny! And all my tanks are pretty heavily planted, so, I think some kind of fish that enjoys vegetation is good too. As for only males, definitely, I'm not too interested in having hundreds of fish shoved into a small tank.

O______O

Ryuu I am in love with that setup. You really treat your beta well, I'm sure he enjoys being in there compared to having to sit around in a tiny cup all day!

As for guppies, they're so cute and tiny! And all my tanks are pretty heavily planted, so, I think some kind of fish that enjoys vegetation is good too. As for only males, definitely, I'm not too interested in having hundreds of fish shoved into a small tank.

lol then You should get guppies, guppies will look beautiful with your planted tank! They will do very well, you will enjoy them, sigh* I wish you live near me, i would give you some of my guppies. I have to much :o I have been giving them away to friends, family, and people. I think guppies will be a great addition to your planted tank. I think they will be a great choice. get like 7 or 8 guppies then get like 1 or 2 corry dory at the bottom lol

Yeah, guppy males are a great choice. I have 4 in a 5 gal and they like to play "tag" with each other--very cute. I have zebra danios in my 10 gal and they are also very cute since they are sooo active and fast. Bettas are a good choice as well--they do like more room if you give it to them! I have a female betta in my 20 gal and she swims all around in it. At night she sleeps in a barrel cave I have in there. Bettas like a place to hide sometimes. It's so much fun to stock a new tank! :)

I think I will go with Guppies. :]

Though if I see a beta that I really love I'll probably end up bringing it home. I have a soft spot for Beta's. D: They're almost as abused as goldfish in my opinion. Those little cups do them little justice!

Has anyone else ever wondered how so many chain pet stores manage to keep their tanks so overstocked? The pets-mart that I normally go to has 11 goldfish in a 55 gallon. =/ It is terrible. What is worse is that they are huge ones too. ):

I am also making the extra 20 minute trip now, to buy from the better pet store. Their workers actually know what they are talking about and can actually help out. Plus they have more supplies and its like a fish superstore. XD

But ya. I'll set-up the tank after I have my 40 gallon setup, and then show you all. Thennnn I can decide if it is best for a cute beta, or a few guppies. :]

I think I will go with Guppies. :]

Though if I see a beta that I really love I'll probably end up bringing it home. I have a soft spot for Beta's. D: They're almost as abused as goldfish in my opinion. Those little cups do them little justice!

Has anyone else ever wondered how so many chain pet stores manage to keep their tanks so overstocked? The pets-mart that I normally go to has 11 goldfish in a 55 gallon. =/ It is terrible. What is worse is that they are huge ones too. ):

I am also making the extra 20 minute trip now, to buy from the better pet store. Their workers actually know what they are talking about and can actually help out. Plus they have more supplies and its like a fish superstore. XD

But ya. I'll set-up the tank after I have my 40 gallon setup, and then show you all. Thennnn I can decide if it is best for a cute beta, or a few guppies. :]

Lol Betta is beautiful, I use to have betta but she died after 6 months. I think for a 10 gallon, guppies will be best since they are very active and fun to watch, sometime like someone said above you will see them play tag lol. Did I mention it would be beautiful to have all kind of color guppies in the tank?! They are very active, except those with longer tail, sometime i feel sorry for them because it almost as if they are dragging their huge tails! (Of course it's nothing compare to goldfish) lol Also you can mix more than just guppies, like you can get a pair of male Mollies, than a pair of male Platies, then a pair of male Guppies, then a pair of cory dory! Your tank will be so much fun! lol

My pets-mart for some reason are getting more fish in their tank, they would have up to 7 8 4 - 5 inches koi in a ....about a 10 gallon and it's overstocking....

He Really did enjoy that tank. He died while I was on bed rest coz my hubby over fed him. I miss that betta sooo much and so dose my daughter. Wally was the best.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/mags.../IMG_1272_1.jpg

:( I'm sorry, but that one heck of a beautiful betta.

I like guppies, that was a good choice! :) Guppies are so pretty. :heart I'd be careful about the breeding, though, so you don't end up like Chubbygold and have an army of guppies, lol.

Archived