The Super Gravel Vacuum Of Fish Care.

Earth!Mother

So, I saw this and my mouth dropped. Probably because I hate messing around with the syphon just to get it to start sucking water out of the tank. But... It's battery opperated, and I want it. >_>

Along with a UV sterilizer...and a ton of other fish supplies that will cost me several hundred dollars if/when I get them.

Please come sooner than next friday, pay check! :please

That does look very nice and I have seen that before. I wish I could have it also.

One trick to getting the water out of the tank using the syphon would be to suck on the tube real quick while the gravel vac is in the water, this will start the syphoning action.

you can move the barrel up and down quickly until you get suction or put you finger over the end of the hose fill the barrel end with water and hold up so it trickles down until all the hose is full of water then place the barrel back into the tank and remove your finger the syphon will start automatically when you place the barrel back in you need to make sure all the air gets out of the barrel or else it will not start ;)

sucking on the end is nasty and not good for you the amount of bacteria in fish water can be toxic to humans if consumed frequently. Even a little amount of fish water is enough to make you sick mostly you end up with a sore throat

I never intake any of the fish water when I suck on the tube, I pay attention to where the water is and make sure to stop before it gets to me lol.

Anyways what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

I know of the other ways, but the sucking on the tube thing seems to be the fastest and doesn't disturb my goldies as much.

I submerge the whole hose in water, let all the air get out, put my thumb over the small end and throw it out the window and it works... I'm just so impatient/lazy! Though I must be crazy because these goldfish do require a lot of my energy, time, etc. It is all worth it in the end though. :D

Lmao. I certainly agree Dan. :P Sucking up dirty fish water is very unappealing to me, even if I don't actually get any of the water in my mouth.

wait that si all you ahve to do, put your thumb over the end of the hose?! Of course! How could i be so stupid! I suck on the tube and oen time it got into my mouth and it's full of crap i almost threw up! >.....<" i must be very stupid lol

:P

Nahhh. I had my older sister give my a few demonstrations on her 55 gallon aquarium before I understood how to use it. I swear though, they always feel so cramped when I'm shoving all the tubing underwater in my 20. ):

It's why I take Athena out of the tank before vacuuming... I always feel like I'm going to smash into her. D:

:P

Nahhh. I had my older sister give my a few demonstrations on her 55 gallon aquarium before I understood how to use it. I swear though, they always feel so cramped when I'm shoving all the tubing underwater in my 20. ):

It's why I take Athena out of the tank before vacuuming... I always feel like I'm going to smash into her. D:

haha yeah me to, I dont like keep shoving the tube around in it, i might hit the glasses or fish so i suck on it instead HAHAHA lol thanks for telling or next week i would be sucking out the water again lol

Moving the barrel up/down fast never really worked for me and I'm also worried about hitting my GF by accident. I've tried the sucking method, but it is kinda gross when you think about it.

Here's my strategy: I hold the barrel at an angle so that the open end is facing up slightly. I dip it into the water so that it fills up and air bubbles out (open end still facing up). Then I lift the barrel up (keeping open end up) until water starts flowing down thru the rest of the syphon; at that point, I lower the barrel back down into the water so it fills up again. Voila! Now the suction is going, and I can point the barrel down at the gravel/bottom of the tank.

Hope that made sense... It works for me, hope it works for someone else too.

here's what i do when i change my 30 gal :D

add a little dechlorinater to tank

go outside get hose (the fish gets their own hose lol) and stick one end of it into the tank, while the other end goes outside

get another hose that actually works with a jet nozzle attached

hold both of the hose and use the hose-that-works and spray water into the fish-hose end from outside, make sure water is coming out in end in the tank

after you can see water coming out of the end in the tank, stop spraying and drop the fish-hose end down

there now should be water flowing out :D if it doesnt try again but it's important to make sure that there are water coming out of the end inside the tank, it took me 3 tries the first time i did this, but now it's easy

my tank is really close to the yard so it's easy for me to do it, but might be a bit of a hassle for some member hehehe :D

I like my python. :yeah:

I LOVE the PYTHON Systems! I have FOUR of them -- One 25 footer for quarantine tanks, another 25 footer for the fish room, a LONG 75 footer with extended tube for the show tank upstairs, AND the Python Pond Vac. I think the Python is the invention to made it possible to go from just one or two tanks to many tanks for a lot of hobbyists. I still have to use small tubing and a bucket for fry tanks. There's no way I'd chance it with the python in those tanks with the baby fish, but for MOST of my tanks the python is the way to go......

I have a Hagen Multi Vac, it's useless, the batteries run out on a monthly basis and the suction is terrible. Does anyone in the UK know of anything better? It'd have to clean the gravel as well as empty the water out. It's a shame we can't get Pythons to work here as they sound amazing :(

I have a Hagen Multi Vac, it's useless, the batteries run out on a monthly basis and the suction is terrible. Does anyone in the UK know of anything better? It'd have to clean the gravel as well as empty the water out. It's a shame we can't get Pythons to work here as they sound amazing :(

Hey caroline, read my tip of the month on how to get a python working in the uk :)

Archived