Trained Goldfish

It doesn't look fake to me.

I don't know much about goldfish, as far as their brain capacity goes, but most other animals through classical conditioning and such you can get to do some pretty impressive things. If this is real...wow...I bet that took forever to train them.

yeah it's pretty amazing, i hope it's not fake...

oh and watch this video, this is horrible, does this goldfish have dropsy or something? it's not normal and it's bleeding! Gosh i feel so bad for it

I'm suspicious. Past videos of "trained" goldfish have been done by feeding the fish metal, then putting them in a shallow tray and waving magnetic wands underneath. I notice this training kit comes with a special training base. The video isn't long enough for me to tell what's really going on, and there's not much information on the site, but I wonder if it's something similar.

Zelanie, these are not fakes, these fish have been food-trained, it is real, not like those horrid youtube clips with the magnets that occasionally crop up on the board.. My question being is how long have these fish been trained, and for how many hours in a day are they trained to do these tricks? how long before they 'detrain', (lose the memory of how to achieve treats). These fish that do this seemingly on cue for the camera, could they have just been flukes (sic) for the 5 secs or so of video out of how many hours of sitting there with a camera on? I dunno, it's cute and you could use the training toys as entertainment for your pet, but it just seems like a big marketing ploy to me...

Chubbygold, sorry to have to edit your post, the language on that video was inappropriate for koko's, as we are a family site. I'm not sure about dropsy, couldn't tell by the quality of the video whether the scales were standing up, it looks like it could have been a tumour or even egg impaction to me, either way that fish was in pretty bad shape. :(

Chubbygold, sorry to have to edit your post, the language on that video was inappropriate for koko's, as we are a family site. I'm not sure about dropsy, couldn't tell by the quality of the video whether the scales were standing up, it looks like it could have been a tumour or even egg impaction to me, either way that fish was in pretty bad shape. :(

Ohh sorry yes, it's a pretty horrible video. The fish is in horrible shape. Doesn't look like dropsy to me much either

it is real. i read something in ripleys bellieve it or not about a calico fantail named albert einsstien, it said he was trained by blowing bubbles through a straw and dropping food through a straw.

If you look to the side .....i think in the related videos ,you will see Albert doing tricks.

Well that's a relief! :) I'm glad that there are no magnets involved with this one. :)

well the fish especially in tha tvideo look abit unnatural becasue they fast forward the video or something and the fish seem abit stiff but if you look on the related video you will see an calico fantail doing the tricks and it look completely natural normal, unlike most video they use some kind of magnet and draggign the fish.

i was looking through their other web site http://www.fish-school.com/gallery.htm and they said it took a couple of months to train Albert Einstein the fantail to do the tricks. And they also have a betta named Sir Isaac Newton that is trained in a week to swim through a hoop. :D

i think i might order a training kit, it should be available in Feb in retail store :D:D i cant wait, time to turn my fish into a smarticle fish

i was looking through their other web site http://www.fish-school.com/gallery.htm and they said it took a couple of months to train Albert Einstein the fantail to do the tricks. And they also have a betta named Sir Isaac Newton that is trained in a week to swim through a hoop. :D

i think i might order a training kit, it should be available in Feb in retail store :D:D i cant wait, time to turn my fish into a smarticle fish

yup isn't it amazing? Oh and i think there is an oscar that deos trick also..small one of course

That was an interesting video, very cool. I wasn't 100% convinced it was real though..... It looked like it had been fast-forwarded in some parts. And I definetly wouldn't be buying anything from them, their website doesn't look very professional.

That's awful that people would feed magnets to fish so they could control them!!!! What is WRONG with people?!?!? :wa

That was an interesting video, very cool. I wasn't 100% convinced it was real though..... It looked like it had been fast-forwarded in some parts. And I definetly wouldn't be buying anything from them, their website doesn't look very professional.

That's awful that people would feed magnets to fish so they could control them!!!! What is WRONG with people?!?!? :wa

I think it's real though, if you look on the related video you will see a calico fantail, a betta and an oscar doing those tricks and it all look real. not fast forward or anything

• 1 month later...

Archived