Is It Possible...?

Tinkokeshi

hmm... is it possible for an eggbound female to drop her eggs without being chased or induced? all i did today was change the water and then feed my goldies, and what i think were eggs started floating all around the tank. :krazy:

hehe they look like itty bitty ping pong balls... some white, some clear with a smaller white spot inside. it's so cool!!! i've never seen them before!!! :happydance

so anyway, i am worried now because i'm not sure if they should be uh... just gliding out of her or what not. every now and then she'll just swim around and they just look like they're slipping out. :( should i be concerned, or is this normal?

:) yes i am glad that she is dropping them after reading all about becoming egg bound and impacted and dying!

haha i thought she was just a fatty and swam with a waddle.

i am just worried now that she will pop! she does look a bit hefty. :unsure:

should i worry, or will she be ok? here are 3 pictures i just took of her...

sorry about the "darkness" of the first two. haha i am not good with the camera and fishtanks. :P

PC270781.jpg

PC270782.jpg

PC270785.jpg

should i just keep an eyeball or two on her? and not worry as long as she keeps trickling the eggs?

thanks for your input nickie and any advice in advance from all of you!

:D Tinko she is just gorgeous!!!!!

My what a beauty she is. Yes its nothing to worry about, they trickle out or they splurt out ya know its all normal! And its often triggered by a large water change/new water. She wont pop or anything wierd dont worry :D , she may keep releasing more over about a week. One day off one day on..and she'll eventually look a little slimmer again (and be somewhat tired out).

Funny, I have chasing again today too in one tank, a tiny baby oranda and a bubble eye- :rolleyes: good grief, I dont want any more fry :krazy:

hmm okie.

the only thing that really worries me is that nobody is chasing her, and i don't really have anything in the tank for her to rub against. :unsure:

should i get some silk plants or something? or a heater to slowly raise the water temp? i think it's at about 72 degrees right now...

and i've only seen a few slip outta her every couple of hours today.

one more question.. is it normal for her vent area to be a little pink? or is this some kind of prolapse of her insides? :unsure:

thanks so much though! *whew* i will keep a watchful eye on her! haha she's my little ebay baby. :D:heart:heart

:D thanks for the compliments y'all! :heart

haha i just noticed in the last picture her eyes look like chicken eyes! eek!

good thing she doesn't normally look like that. :P

Oooh ooh OOH! another one of my baby girls is dropping eggs!!! :krazy: she's too young!

haha such excitement!! i ran around the house telling everyone i had another girly full of eggs!!! :heart:heart:heart