Frogheads/toadheads?

manadesmalice

I read on one of Daryl's posts about her Big Bubba lionhead...she made mention about her froghead/toadhead? I can't remember the name...well, I guess my first primary question is there a difference between a froghead and a toadhead? And with that question, WHAT exactly are they? The only one I've ever saw was the picture that Daryl posted...are there more pictures? I googled and I can't find a good picture, OR a real answer as to what they are. Who all here keeps them?

A Froghead is a BubbleEye with smaller bubbles - basically. Froghead = Toadhead.

They are to have a smooth back - no bumps or kinks - and a long flowing tail. They come in the standard complement of colors commonly seen.

The eyes of the FrogHead are slightly rotated, but should not have the full rotation seen in Celestials. In most shows I have read about or been to, a FrogHead is shown in the "Other" category.

My FrogHead - Kermit - is a big fellow - and VERY strong. He takes 2 hands to handle - a real Whopper.... :)

I do not have any pictures in this computer, but will be happy to take some more when I am home.

• 2 months later...
I saw some more! These were in a pond, here's the link http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4393

Hey, those are my Frogheads. :exactly I posted this picture here at Koko's recently in another thread:

Froghead.jpg

A Froghead is a BubbleEye with smaller bubbles - basically. Froghead = Toadhead.

They are to have a smooth back - no bumps or kinks - and a long flowing tail. They come in the standard complement of colors commonly seen.

The eyes of the FrogHead are slightly rotated, but should not have the full rotation seen in Celestials. In most shows I have read about or been to, a FrogHead is shown in the "Other" category.

My FrogHead - Kermit - is a big fellow - and VERY strong. He takes 2 hands to handle - a real Whopper.... :)

I do not have any pictures in this computer, but will be happy to take some more when I am home.

Daryl, please do try and get a recent pic of Kermit. I'd love to see him.

• 3 weeks later...

I, unsuccessfully, attempted to cross a red Phoenix with a FrogHead - in hopes of getting the Phoniex tail on a froghead. None of the fry were reasonable or viable.

They have pretty long tails anyway, don't they? Do you think you'd have a better chance of getting froghead fry if bred with a bubble-eye? ...Or would the bubble-eye genes override the froghead genes?

Archived