Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Is Orange A Rare Colour?

Everything I am reading tonight say's orange is a recently developed colour, and that it's sort of rare? 3 sites said that they've only seen pictures of it.

But I am fairly new to betta's and these websites could be a billion years old LOL.

The reason that I am asking, is because I saw an orange betta not long ago, and I've been looking for one since, with no luck. I KNEW I should have bought that one when I had a chance, it went fast, in less than a day!

I just cannot believe that anything "rare" would be found out here in the sticks, if you know what I mean ;) Where there is one, they're must be more, right??

I just wanted an orange one because I thought it looked neat. I'd never seen one before, and I liked it.

Jessica

I don't think there rare i saw acouple last week.

Im sure that in diffrent places of course they will be rare.

O and it all depends on your local pet store i guess.

Orange bettas? Personally I've only seen a few of those, but if your talking about goldfish, no that's not rare at all.

I have seen a couple of orange ones. At nooppee of all places. I think that the rarer colours pop up at the local fish stores every now and then. I read on a website that somebody saw a green one at nooppee, and didn't buy it, then realized how rare they were and obviously regretted it.

As I mentioned in my other post, I wanted to buy a white and turquoise one the other day, and couldn't find one anywhere in the city. Before Christmas when I bought Jake my marbled one, there were several nice white and turquoise ones, but I picked Jake instead (I'm glad I did, he is a real sweetie and very responsive to me).

I hope you find an orange one again :D Do your kids have a neat name picked out for it?

Well I am glad to know that orange is not a rarity. That means I actually stand a chance of finding one that colour LOL. Maybe I could even order one?

Yes good ole nnnnnn <_< For whatever reason, the nnnnnn here, also get's in some *odd* colours, and by that I mean colours that I see no where else. Although I know the one supplier at the lfs also does nnnnnn. That is serious testiment that the fish that go to nnnnnn are not in poor condition on arrival. I always thought that maybe the fish were sick when they came....

I've seen a wonderful violet betta at nnnnnn and I saw a turquoise one, that was a really awesome shade. I have never found another quite like it. I will keep my eyes peeled for a green one. ;)

The kids would probably come up with orangie long tail, or pumpkin or orange pepper LOL. You never know what they will come up with heehee.

Jessica

I think the kids have done a great job naming your bettas. I mean who could top Death Head, Rainbow and Red Pepper? :lol: