Plants

grain

I have a plant that I have grown from a bulb in with my betta, the same kind that I had with my betta's in the past. But something is eating the leaves of the plant, and I have never seen any of my other bettas do that, so I wanted to know if betta's do indeed eat plants, or if I should be worried that my tank is infested with something :hmm

darn! i was so hoping it would have been my betta :( I probably do have something nasty in the tank then. His tail was like shredded and half gone a few weeks ago, and it happened overnight. I wonder if whatever got his tail has moved on to the plant.

I have some wierd worms in my goldie tank, but I'm not sure how they would have gotten in my betta tank, as I don't share equipment between tanks :hmm

however, I have not SEEN the worms in my betta tank, and they are quite visible in my other tank. I wonder if it could be the same thing or something different. I also have plants in my goldie tank, and they are not being eaten.

Either way, do you have a treatment recomendation?

it's so wierd, it looks like when you see a leaf on a tree or flower that a bug has been eating. i am having so many troubles with my tanks lately that it is sucking the life out of me :cry

awww *hugs* you will be alright, your fish will be alright, your plant will be alright....calm down first, the plant i have in my tank do look like their are bugs eating it away also, there are irregular holes on the leaves and the surround the hole turn brown, I think it need more CO2. What was those worms in your goldie tank? Do you think your betta might have caught his tail onto something overnight?

i'm still trying to figure out exactly what the worms in the goldie tank are...and we're working on a way to kill them, as salt and prazi do not work. I think PP is my next and only hope.

my plant is being eaten from like the outside of the leaves, and i can see where "bites" are being taken of the leaves, so there is no doubt that something is eating it, i just don't know what. I sure hope it's not the same thing as what is in the goldie tank.

I don't think his tail got caught in anything, it was too much like something had eaten it away and it was ragged more in some spots than others.

i'm still trying to figure out exactly what the worms in the goldie tank are...and we're working on a way to kill them, as salt and prazi do not work. I think PP is my next and only hope.

my plant is being eaten from like the outside of the leaves, and i can see where "bites" are being taken of the leaves, so there is no doubt that something is eating it, i just don't know what. I sure hope it's not the same thing as what is in the goldie tank.

I don't think his tail got caught in anything, it was too much like something had eaten it away and it was ragged more in some spots than others.

Oh i hope the worms go away soon! It sound bad

The bites, does it happens to look like this?

DSC00008.png

This is a floating leaves of a Nymphaea plant, I believe the reason it is like this is because it was "burned" by the light. It's really best stay in the pond. And leaves under the water is beaten and was eat away, some bite by my goldfishes lol others was by something else. I can tell teh different since goldfish doesn't have teeth near it opening mouth so the bite doesn't look bad.

Um did you post photo of your betta on Disease and health section? Do you think it could be a fin rot?

no, it doesn't really look like that with the brown, mine is still all green even around the bites, and there are pieces of leaf floating in the water too, like pieces that fell off of the ends because something bit through the middle.

I treated my betta for fin rot, and it has started to grow back a bit, so hopefully whatever caused the fin rot is either gone, or would rather eat the plant instead of my fish! LOL!

it was just unlike any fin rot that i have seen before because such a large portion of his tail was gone litterally overnight, and I've never seen that happen so fast before.

well the leave I show you is because it was old bite mark or maybe burned mark lol.

Btw what are your plants?

That is good, I hope he gets better soon, oh i do hope it eat your plants instead of yoru fish but I really hope it wouldn't eat either.

Yeah, I think the tail got stuck into something or something else happen, when my fish had fin rot, it doesn't completely rot over night.

I hope a mod can come in and help you soon.

Thank you :) I hope whatever it is, that it is easy to get rid of. I am going to get my old microscope out this weekend, if i can find it, and try to see if I can see anything from the plant on the microscope.

But, the betta's tail is growing back rather quickly too, so that is good news. I am going to salt him to .1% tonight after a water change, that will help the regrowth. Other than that, his behavior and appitite are both good, so that is positive.

That is good, do take a look and keep us update with the condition.

Lol hope your betta's tail will completely heals. I hate it when their fin was damage or rot, when it grows back, most of the time, it look great but it look really...something about the new tail that makes it looks ......I dont know it just doesn't look right but if you look at it, it's completely heal and pretty but then it's abit akward.

Archived