Some Photos Using My New Camera

Daniel

well mum and dad got me an slr for christmas i could not believe it i had the biggest unbelievable fit when i tore open the paper to see the box. it is a canon EOS 400D they got the twin lens kit (known in the USA as Canon EOS Rebel xti. it is the most common canon stater slr but it has the same features as some of the more advance canons such as the EOS 5D. I have gotten used to most of the features i have read about 1/2 of the instruction book the whole thing is something like 250pages lol it is novel length (oh all these photos were taken in RAW format but i had to change them to jpeg to upload to photobucket) lens was the canon zoom EF 75-300mm

oh just noticed since the board shrinks these they look quite pixelated the original 3888x2592 look really good

any way enough with the chit chat here are the pics

my puppy Holly had her for 1 year yesterday(holly is a tenterfield terrier

IMG_0391.jpg

another holly pic on my dad's lap

IMG_0362.jpg

Torrie my beagle shhh she is sleeping she is 2 years old

torriesleeping.jpg

this is some flower in my backyard i don't like this photo very much the original looked much better but my brother deleted it

IMG_0385.jpg

some other flower photo once again not great but this one i like lol

IMG_0386.jpg

nice pics. I like the pic of your beagle asleep. Youll get used to all those settings soon enough. I gave up reading the instruction book when I got my Canon Powershot. I find it easier to use trial an error until i find good settings. I have saved setting for fish pics. I got a Samsung 10.1 mp for Xmas, need to get some pics taken on it, havent had chance to get out an use it yet.

Do you like photography then?

thanks claire i love photography but started getting serious a couple of months ago i think it is very artistic not sure why i swung to photos but it clicked with me, i mean i am a great painter as well photography just has some other feeling about it i love it lol. which samsung claire is it an slr or a p&s from the new NV range

Pics are so clear. Congrats for new camera.. I like the pic of Torrie the most. :)

thanks Fred my mum loves that photo as well she wants to frame it lol

Same, sometimes it's just better to play around and figure things out. Your pics look great already, I love your dogs :)

i play around with most electrical equipment but since there are so many things i need to learn i decided it would be best to read the instructions. thanks for the comment :)

Aww!! Luv the beagle, of course I am kinda partial being a beagle owner myself. :D

I want a rebel XTI so bad!! I have a 35mm rebel, but I have recently gotten into digital and now I am ready for the upgrade. :D

yeah it is a good introductory slr camera i am very happy with it even though i have only had it for 3 days lol in those 3 days i have taken about 1000 photos 200 are of my cousin modeling and with her bf as she wanted some photos with him

aren't beagles just the cutest little things i love seeing them at the airport in there little quarrentine suits lol

Nice Pics! Looks like we both got nice cameras for Christmas! I know what you mean about the instructions, I got a Canon too and I have been trying to read my little "novel" I find havigating the controls a bit confusing. I thought the same thino of my old canon too sO I guess I just have to get used to it.

Hi Dan, No i got a an S1030. I have taken some shots today with it, playing around with the settings, going to take some getting used to, i dont like the flas that much, so will have to work out which one wors best. Ill upload some either tonight/tomo. its just P/S, same as my powershot. I like my Canon, but needed a small camera for on holiday. I like samsung things and think they work well, this camera has had some good reviews. I think it came out earlier in the year, but was too expensive.

I love photography, get it from my dad who used to weddings etc. Its just a hobby really, I love taking pics, mainly landscapes, but I want to get into taking more 'random' pics next year. I have started a portfolio of my pics, just for me.

Coolies dan! I wish I could upgrade my DSLR but my other half is objecting :P The only thing I am creative about is photography, which I guess is why I still do it!

I didn't read the manual, unless I didn't know how to select a feature, or toggle something, I just used it and figured it out myself!

thanks sven it is a great camera infact you recommended it to me i asked the question about what camera to get and you recommended either the canon 400D or the nikon d80 my dad just chose the canon as he thought it looked nice lol

I haven't done much lately, my camera was in dire need of a sensor clean which I only got done a few days ago :P

Went to Underwater World a couple of weeks ago with my sister and some uni friends though..

Sealsies

DSC_0100.JPG

Cane Toad, not really an exciting subject but his enclosure was cool :P

DSC_0190.JPG

Shark in the massive underwater tank thing that you walk around (can't remember what it's called, but anyone who's been there will know what I mean!)

DSC_0206.JPG

Beach at Mooloolaba

DSC_0297.JPG

I need to get some of my new cockatiel, she is the sweetest thing ever!

Archived