Any Good Suggestions For Filter Type?:)

Guest DeAnna

I am currently in the process of moving my three babies ( Dan Dan, Jr. and Brain) from a 20 g. tank to a 35g. tank. Right now I have a Tetra Whisper filter that hangs over the side, and an undergravel filter. After reading info on this site I've decided to ditch the non-beneficial undergravel filter in my new tank. I'm going to buy a new over the side filter and was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for brands or types of filters? I'm a little worried because although I do clean my tank out weekly, I'm paranoid to go from two filters down to one. :unsure: I also read somewhere here that you should go for a filter that can filter each gallon up to 10 times in an hour? So would that mean for my new 35 gallon tank I would need a filter that could do 350 gallons per hour??? Just wondering :rolleyes:

thanks for the great suggestions and the list! :rolleyes: I was wondering...my parents got me a new filter that was recommended by a man at our local fish store. It's called: Aquarium Millenium 3000? I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this brand? The box says that it does 295g/hr, and it has a wet and dry multi filter and a biological filtration??? :krazy: Does this sound o.k. for my new 35g. tank, or should I probably stick with a better known brand that was suggested here? Just curious if anyone's heard about this brand, thanks!

my parents got me a new filter that was recommended by a man at our local fish store. It's called: Aquarium Millenium 3000? I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this brand? The box says that it does 295g/hr, and it has a wet and dry multi filter and a biological filtration??? :krazy: Does this sound o.k. for my new 35g. tank

You need a min. of 350 gph for that tank though. So you'de still have to add another filter. An Emperor 400 is your best bet...in my opinion. :rofl

Thanks everyone!! I think I am going to exchange it for a an emperor or a penguin. I feel better going with a brand that is heard of more often and one that everyone recommends :D

I went to the store to exchange it for a different type of filter and they didn't have the Emperor or Penguin brands, which is what I wanted to get. So I exchanged it for the aqua clear 70 :rolleyes:

aquaclear is one of the best filter brands on the market many members on the site will tell you that :) the penguin and Emperor filters are good but i prefer the aquaclear it is alot quiter

I went to the store to exchange it for a different type of filter and they didn't have the Emperor or Penguin brands, which is what I wanted to get. So I exchanged it for the aqua clear 70 :rolleyes:

How much is that?

Archived