Finally A 55g Tank

Guest ice-520

Guest ice-520

so, I finally got a 55G tank on boxing day

I have a few questions, how should i prep the inside of the tank? (ie. just rinse and wipe with water? clean with bleach? clean with rubbing alcohol?)

Thanks

I will update this thread as i set up the tank

and with pics ;)

Uuuh slight problem with your stand, both ends hang off slightly, that's one of the best ways to crack/smash your tank...

That table also doesn't look strong enough...

so, I finally got a 55G tank on boxing day

I have a few questions, how should i prep the inside of the tank? (ie. just rinse and wipe with water? clean with bleach? clean with rubbing alcohol?)

Thanks

I will update this thread as i set up the tank

and with pics ;)

oh that is cool congrat, just wipe it out with a paper towel and water like fishcrazy said. Becareful if that stand can support it like the rest said lol. lol post more photo soon

oh congrats on the new tank, it's nice :)

like the others, I'm also a bit concern about the "stand" :unsure: 1 US gal weighs a little more than 8.3 lb, so 55 gal is atleast 460 lbs, then you have to add all the substracts and decors and stuff, you sure the table could support all that weight? :unsure:

Yes if its the right size. Any aquarium stand thats made for aquariums and is the right length and width is fine :)

I love your new tank, its very lovely. Can't wait to see it all set up eventually. Good luck!

Guest ice-520

Update

bad news, i tried to fill it up today, and it slowly leaks on all 4 bottom corners of the tank :(

have to bring it back to BigAls

Any advice to how to choose a tank in good shape?

Guest ice-520

it didn't have cracks but after i drained all the water, i see that the plastic frame and the glass on the corner has some gap which i didn't notice before

and this was brand new, with a piece of cardboard warp around the 2 sides and the bottom

anyways, here is a pic when filling

9906.jpg

it didn't have cracks but after i drained all the water, i see that the plastic frame and the glass on the corner has some gap which i didn't notice before

and this was brand new, with a piece of cardboard warp around the 2 sides and the bottom

Was the tank fill on that table..

Guest ice-520

nope, i got a stand for it already

Guest ice-520

on the bright side, i am still waiting for my filters and pumps and other stuff in the mail, so i won't be wasting anytime :P

just hope the one i get next will be perfect

what a shame..I am crossing my fins to make sure you get a better tank

Guest ice-520

what a shame..I am crossing my fins to make sure you get a better tank

Thanks for crossing your fins :) !

I got a great tank for replacement

it is now filled and with pump and filters installed

gonna update with pics soon

buying some river rocks tomorrow

Archived