Question About Bettas

nickie73

Okay,

I got a gift card from Wally-Mart and I was thinking about getting a 5g tank and a betta. My question is, do any of you know of a 5g kit that comes with a filter, heater, etc? Also, since the betta will be in a 5g, as that tank is so small, will the 5g cycle? What about wcs in a 5g; how often, how much? Thanks!

yes a 5 gallon can cycle. As for waterchanges if it has a filter u coiuld probably do a 30-40% waterchange once a week, thats what I do with my tropical tanks, although the bettas get 100% waterchanges every couple of days cause the dont have a filter, except my 1 betta is in a 3 gallon now cause they got their new tanks so I'll probably do a 90% waterchnage once a week cause it also has a filter. The 5 gallon eclipse hex tanks come with a biowheel filter.

Wally world has the 5 gallon minibow that comes with a filter and filter pad. you can adjust the filter flow as well. They costs around $50. I was thinking of getting the eclipse 6 gallon with the filter in the lid. Wally world has a knock of version of the eclispe . Eclipse makes it for wally world and puts a different name on it. you will be able to tell which one it is. I have had three of the 2.5 minibows and they all sprouted big cracks and leaked .

I was thinking of getting the eclipse 6 gallon with the filter in the lid. Wally world has a knock of version of the eclispe

I have one of those. Currently, it's being use as a quarenteen tank. It's nice and i really recommend it. Mine makes a small tickling water sound though. Plus I only got it for $5 at a flea market LOL! :D

wow that is the best kind. Wish I could find one that cheap. I eventually am gonna break down one of these days soon and get the 6 gallon one they make for wally world and divide it so I can house my male and female in one tank

I once purchased a 10 gallon for 10 dollars, a 5 gallon was a freebie, and I paid 5 dollars for a 2.5 gallon with a filter. I keep the 10 as an emergency tank for goldies and the 2.5. as a spare Betta tank.

I only buy things when I see a really good deal.

the secret to pet -smart is to print the add off the website and make sure the pet-smart banner and internet price are on there and take it to the store and the store will meet the internet price . The store price is usually more than the internet price but it you take the print off in as I said, the manager will meet the internet price

Archived