Question About Cycling

Shamu23

Well, Im probably the farthest thing from patient when it comes to cycling tanks, and I wanna cycle my 125 gallon tank as fast as possible. I already have 1 ornament and 1 silk plant that I will move from a cycled tank into this tank. I was also gonna get some media bags and place the bio media from the new filters that I will get in some of my cycled filters and then move them into the new tank. Now my question is, when I put the new media into my cycled filters how long will it take for the bacteria to grow on the new media so that I can move it into the new tank? And also, when I have done that, they always say to stock the tanks slowly so can I put Frodo and Snowflake in at the same time or will I have to put them in seperate? They're both around 2 inches.

well, theres 2 hob filters on the 1 tank and 1 more on the other then I also have an internal and a filter. I have a heater for a 33 gallon tank but thats it and I wont have anywhere to plug it in I dont think.

• Admin

Well in the long run your going to need to heaters for that big tank. The media should collect pretty fast in the old tank so u can use it on the new one, if u can I would move one filter to the new tank so it will help speed it up :D

nope, no sick fish, there are 2 of my newer fish in there but I immediately treated them for parasites and then with melafix and I havent seen any problems except a little flashing about 3 weeks ago but I took care of that fast, I dont think there's any parasites left

Archived