Paint Fumes

alexiscool

• Admin

Best way to deal w this is to tape on a plastic trash bag around the top of the tank, then plug fans on in the room so that the fumes go out of the room. Keep the tank sealed atleast min of 24 hours w the fan/fans on to get rid of the fumes. :D

• Admin

Good also just encase run a fan in the room that the tanks are in to blow the fumes just encase they raise up in the house have the fan pointed downstairs. :D

• 3 months later...
I had my fixed 45 gallon in a room that was being painted..and it was not covered!!! (i was not told that it was being painted..)

what should I do?

there is no fish in there

Air it out for a couple of days and then scrub it out good using water, after that fill it up add soem de-chlor let it sit for about 15mins and then drain it if it still smells funny i would nuke it with some bleach.

I had my fixed 45 gallon in a room that was being painted..and it was not covered!!! (i was not told that it was being painted..)

what should I do?

there is no fish in there

Air it out for a couple of days and then scrub it out good using water, after that fill it up add soem de-chlor let it sit for about 15mins and then drain it if it still smells funny i would nuke it with some bleach.

well it doesn't smell...i will wash it out soon

there is a bit of gravel in the tank..do I need to throw it away

If it is only a little bit i would not risk it if it less than a little bit i would clean it out :D

Archived